1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DAT /GPA score help

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by JDhawk8, Jul 30, 2015.

1. JDhawk8

Pre-Dental
    I just took the dat today and got my unofficial results.
    pA:16 QR:17 RC:18 TS:16 AA:17. My GPA is a 3.47. I was wondering what others thought my chances would be of getting accepted if I applied now or should I retake the DAT again?

2. PlasmaMembrane

7+ Year Member

3. RuffDay

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Retake the DAT. Your chances are really slim with that score + your GPA. You need a 20+ to make up for your GPA.

4. BeaverLover

BeaverLover SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What was your study schedule?

5. JDhawk8

Pre-Dental
    I studied 3 hours per day almost every day using the Kaplan blue book. I had difficulty retaining the material I read and I wish I would've taken more practice tests. I had to guess on some questions because I didn't have enough time to read the question and take the time to answer it, especially on the PAT

6. pulltheleverkronk

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Kaplan is really outdated and not representative of the test, in my opinion. Prepare using Chad's Videos and FeralisNotes. Supplement with DAT Bootcamp- especially for the PAT- and try to take it again.

7. pikachurro

Pre-Dental
    Agreed. Their online material is pretty good, but you def need to supplement with other materials. Head over to DAT forums to find more resources.