DAT Grid paper+ pen change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicoleninja

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi--I just called the Prometric center where I will be taking the exam in a month. The staff there stated that they will not be providing papers with grids any more--instead, test takers will be provided with a 2 page (4 sides) loose-leaf booklet (blank), which can be replaced together for a new booklet upon request.
Though we are not allowed to write anything during tutorial or the break, it is ok to create the PAT grids+ RC passage map if you have extra time during the natural science sections (aka they will not take those papers away unless you request it). Also, instead of dry erase markers, we will be given a black ball pen for writing. So if you are doing practice exams just make sure you will use what they will provide during the exam! GL everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Though we are not allowed to write anything during tutorial or the break, it is ok to create the PAT grids+ RC passage map if you have extra time during the natural science sections
Yes - You can do whatever you want in that time.

Semi-related - When I took my DAT, I used the entire 2 sheets/4 sides for the sciences + PAT (mostly did a brain dump for Bio, some calculations for GC, and then all the PAT stuff), then swapped the sheets out during my break so that I had fresh sheets with tons of space for RC + QR and didn't have to worry about swapping during the test.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi--I just called the Prometric center where I will be taking the exam in a month. The staff there stated that they will not be providing papers with grids any more--instead, test takers will be provided with a 2 page (4 sides) loose-leaf booklet (blank), which can be replaced together for a new booklet upon request.
Though we are not allowed to write anything during tutorial or the break, it is ok to create the PAT grids+ RC passage map if you have extra time during the natural science sections (aka they will not take those papers away unless you request it). Also, instead of dry erase markers, we will be given a black ball pen for writing. So if you are doing practice exams just make sure you will use what they will provide during the exam! GL everyone :)
Prior to the ADA changing from paper to the dry erase pens and erase boards, test takers were given a regular pencil and paper. Using paper and pencil which IMO is much preferred over the makers, because it is easier to write with a pencil and you can write smaller. I would call the testing center again and ask that specific question just to be certain so there are no surprises on test day.

Wishing you the best...Nancy

Reactions: 1 user