DAT has been destroyed 25AA/25TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanmjr07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AA: 25
TS: 25
BIO: 24
OC: 22 :(
GC: 30!!
RC: 28
QR: 20
PAT: 20

I'll post a breakdown later, I've got a project to due tomorrow that I put off to study for this sucker.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Amazing! In the last 3 weeks, there are several of you that are making me feel like my 22 won't be competitive! Should I retake?

Members don't see this ad :)
Amazing! In the last 3 weeks, there are several of you that are making me feel like my 22 won't be competitive! Should I retake?

No. Hell no. Your 22 is above average. Dental schools will seriously question your decision-making if you re-take and don't improve. Those are great scores, don't let the current breakdowns get to you.

I'm seriously thinking about retaking...Congrats though. :clap:

Same to you as I said to customx.

Reactions: 3 users
Dang dude that's some insane scores, thorough breakdown would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ok sorry it has taken me forever to get this breakdown in. I had to catch up on studying for my exams and finals. I had put it off until after I was done with the DAT.
20140519_101221.jpg

Materials Used:

Cliff's AP Biology
Chad's Videos
DAT Destroyer
DAT Boot Camp
DAT Exam 2009 and 2007

Biology:

I honestly barely studied for biology. I have had so many biology courses over the years that I really just needed a little bit of review. The main points of review that I did focus on was plants and taxonomy. I used Cliff's AP Bio book and Feralis' Biology Notes. I also used DAT destroyer and DAT Boot camp. I personally really liked Boot camp, but again this section I barely studied. I went through Feralis notes twice and Cliff's AP bio book twice. The first time was just a read-through, and the second time I focused on the aspects that I felt like needed the most work. Anytime I didn't understand something I used wikipedia or youtube for an explanation.

General and Organic Chemistry:

I'm lumping these two together because I studied the same way for each. Chad's videos and DAT destroyer. Seriously best resources I could have asked for. I watched Chad's videos three times. I watched Chad's stuff, took all of his quizzes, and then moved on to the destroyer. Gen Chem stuff was seriously hard on the destroyer. I went through destroyer three times over 3 months. I am floored that I did so well on GC, although somewhat disappointed in my OC score. There was two questions though that Chad's, destroyer, or bootcamp did not cover at all. I was totally at a loss for both of them. Oh well. Boot camp was a great resource, and I liked the explanations that were given, but I understood things better from destroyer simply because of the level of difficulty.

Quantitative Reasoning:

Not much I can say on this one. My only resource for this was what was on the Destroyer and bootcamp. I honestly ran out of time on this section. I should have studied for this much harder, and my score would have been much better if I had. I wish I would have gotten Math destroyer, but I just didn't want to spend the extra $100 for it.

Reading Comprehension:

I only used bootcamp for this, but I have read plenty of scientific papers and primary literature. I don't really have much to say about this section aside from that I think it was a combo of luck and having a solid understanding of how scientific papers are done.

PAT:

I struggled with this on my last exam, and again this time. Bootcamp was my only resource for this section, and I know it helped me get a 20. Keyhole section was absolutely ridiculous. I barely finished on time, and I would say that Bootcamp was slightly easier than the actual exam, especially the keyhole section.

Final Comments:

So originally I was scheduled to take the exam in Feb, but due to the weather they closed down the testing center on the day I was supposed to take the exam. I lost all motivation to study after that. It took almost a month just to finally reschedule, and boy was that a hassle. I am willing to bet I would have gotten an even better score if I had taken it when I was originally supposed to take it. Oh well, I'm still really happy with this score. I don't recall what my scores were on the practice exams, and I cleaned out my binders that had everything recorded. For bootcamp I know I was averaging 24-30's on GC, OC, and Bio, while I was averaging 20-22 on my PAT. I don't recall what I was getting for RC or QR though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok sorry it has taken me forever to get this breakdown in. I had to catch up on studying for my exams and finals. I had put it off until after I was done with the DAT.
View attachment 181391

Materials Used:

Cliff's AP Biology
Chad's Videos
DAT Destroyer
DAT Boot Camp
DAT Exam 2009 and 2007

Biology:

I honestly barely studied for biology. I have had so many biology courses over the years that I really just needed a little bit of review. The main points of review that I did focus on was plants and taxonomy. I used Cliff's AP Bio book and Feralis' Biology Notes. I also used DAT destroyer and DAT Boot camp. I personally really liked Boot camp, but again this section I barely studied. I went through Feralis notes twice and Cliff's AP bio book twice. The first time was just a read-through, and the second time I focused on the aspects that I felt like needed the most work. Anytime I didn't understand something I used wikipedia or youtube for an explanation.

General and Organic Chemistry:

I'm lumping these two together because I studied the same way for each. Chad's videos and DAT destroyer. Seriously best resources I could have asked for. I watched Chad's videos three times. I watched Chad's stuff, took all of his quizzes, and then moved on to the destroyer. Gen Chem stuff was seriously hard on the destroyer. I went through destroyer three times over 3 months. I am floored that I did so well on GC, although somewhat disappointed in my OC score. There was two questions though that Chad's, destroyer, or bootcamp did not cover at all. I was totally at a loss for both of them. Oh well. Boot camp was a great resource, and I liked the explanations that were given, but I understood things better from destroyer simply because of the level of difficulty.

Quantitative Reasoning:

Not much I can say on this one. My only resource for this was what was on the Destroyer and bootcamp. I honestly ran out of time on this section. I should have studied for this much harder, and my score would have been much better if I had. I wish I would have gotten Math destroyer, but I just didn't want to spend the extra $100 for it.

Reading Comprehension:

I only used bootcamp for this, but I have read plenty of scientific papers and primary literature. I don't really have much to say about this section aside from that I think it was a combo of luck and having a solid understanding of how scientific papers are done.

PAT:

I struggled with this on my last exam, and again this time. Bootcamp was my only resource for this section, and I know it helped me get a 20. Keyhole section was absolutely ridiculous. I barely finished on time, and I would say that Bootcamp was slightly easier than the actual exam, especially the keyhole section.

Final Comments:

So originally I was scheduled to take the exam in Feb, but due to the weather they closed down the testing center on the day I was supposed to take the exam. I lost all motivation to study after that. It took almost a month just to finally reschedule, and boy was that a hassle. I am willing to bet I would have gotten an even better score if I had taken it when I was originally supposed to take it. Oh well, I'm still really happy with this score. I don't recall what my scores were on the practice exams, and I cleaned out my binders that had everything recorded. For bootcamp I know I was averaging 24-30's on GC, OC, and Bio, while I was averaging 20-22 on my PAT. I don't recall what I was getting for RC or QR though.

Hey, I am planning to take the DAT by the end of summer and I have hearing a lot about the DAT changes coming to the biology and math sections. Since you recently took the DAT and can most appropriately tell if you experienced any of the changes that people have been talking about.

Hey congratulations on your scores! How many times did you go through the DAT bootcamp for the different sections?

I went through each test for the sections in DAT bootcamp at least 3 times, if not more. I would taken them in between classes, and make a note card for each one that I got wrong. Pretty standard studying techniques for me.

Was math section difficult? Why do you think you ran out of time?

Honestly it was because I studied this section the least (aside from the RC section). I never got the Math Destroyer, which I heard would have helped out a ton, but oh well. I ran out of time because I didn't just skip over the difficult or time intensive questions.

Hey, I am planning to take the DAT by the end of summer and I have hearing a lot about the DAT changes coming to the biology and math sections. Since you recently took the DAT and can most appropriately tell if you experienced any of the changes that people have been talking about.

There was definitely more concept based questions for the biology section which was perfect for me because I've taken a bunch of physiology and other courses that really helped me have a solid background knowledge. The math section had less trig problems and more word problems.

I went through each test for the sections in DAT bootcamp at least 3 times, if not more. I would taken them in between classes, and make a note card for each one that I got wrong. Pretty standard studying techniques for me.

Honestly it was because I studied this section the least (aside from the RC section). I never got the Math Destroyer, which I heard would have helped out a ton, but oh well. I ran out of time because I didn't just skip over the difficult or time intensive questions.

There was definitely more concept based questions for the biology section which was perfect for me because I've taken a bunch of physiology and other courses that really helped me have a solid background knowledge. The math section had less trig problems and more word problems.
Now that you have taken the DAT. What would you say is the best way to study for math and bio section?

that's exactly how a lot of people feel now.
Hopefully these people with 29AA are just outliers.

I feel comfortable enough with my score. I have a 3.3 oGPA and 3.4sGPA so I hope the higher DAT score will offset that a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Congratulations, those are amazing scores! How long did you study for?
I studied for 8 weeks before I was originally scheduled, but when my test was rescheduled because of the weather, I stopped studying until two weeks before.
Now that you have taken the DAT. What would you say is the best way to study for math and bio section?
Honestly those are the two sections that I studied least for. Biology was a breeze for me because I had a solid background from my bio courses in college. I already had recently taken immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, human physiology, genetics, evolution, and more. The parts that I did study rather intensely were taxonomy, plants, and those types of topics.
that's exactly how a lot of people feel now.
Hopefully these people with 29AA are just outliers.
They are! People who scored poorly or average typically won't make a post about it due to the fact that they see other ridiculous scores. Don't get downtrodden!

Awesome job! Sweet Breakdown.

How much more difficult is Destroyer Gchem compared with the DAT? I just started the gen chem portion of Destroyer today, did the first 50 questions, and it is freaking difficult. I got slightly less than half correct. I watched all of Chad's videos, and he does go over everything, but holy crap...

Can someone tell me if Plant Anatomy and Physiology is on the DAT? What about Ecosystems and such? I absolutely rocked topics in Molecular/Cellular Biology, but I'm horrible at all this stupid plant stuff. Oh, and what stuff is on the math section? Just college-algebra and trig? Thanks in advance for the reply! And NICE scores! haha

Can someone tell me if Plant Anatomy and Physiology is on the DAT? What about Ecosystems and such? I absolutely rocked topics in Molecular/Cellular Biology, but I'm horrible at all this stupid plant stuff. Oh, and what stuff is on the math section? Just college-algebra and trig? Thanks in advance for the reply! And NICE scores! haha
Yes. To everything you asked.
Bio is considered the most difficult to study for due to the wide range of topics they can ask. For the record, plant crap sucks. Math is algebra, basic trig, and stats.

Yes. To everything you asked.
Bio is considered the most difficult to study for due to the wide range of topics they can ask. For the record, plant crap sucks. Math is algebra, basic trig, and stats.
Will I be better served if I take Micro and Biochem before the DAT? Oh, and what about Physics? My Dentist told me it's not on the DAT.......which makes me wonder why the heck it's a pre-req. I could potentially postpone Physics until Senior year then, and just focus on Biology classes Junior to prepare.

Will I be better served if I take Micro and Biochem before the DAT? Oh, and what about Physics? My Dentist told me it's not on the DAT.......which makes me wonder why the heck it's a pre-req. I could potentially postpone Physics until Senior year then, and just focus on Biology classes Junior to prepare.
Physics is not on the DAT. I think its a prereq because they want you to be moderately versed in the 3 hard sciences. IDK if Micro or biochem will help on the DAT, but it certainly won't hurt! I think you'll be just fine without it.

Taxonomy and plants are important topics that are not covered in great lengths in college. What about math? How would you study for it now?

Awesome job! Sweet Breakdown.

How much more difficult is Destroyer Gchem compared with the DAT? I just started the gen chem portion of Destroyer today, did the first 50 questions, and it is freaking difficult. I got slightly less than half correct. I watched all of Chad's videos, and he does go over everything, but holy crap...

Thanks! And I'd say that the destroyer was much harder in all subjects than the DAT. My first time through GC in the destroyer I averaged 15-17/30. Just review why you got it wrong, and make sure that you fully understand that topic. There are some questions that aren't worth your time, but that was from what I had googled.

Last edited:
Taxonomy and plants are important topics that are not covered in great lengths in college. What about math? How would you study for it now?
I'd say that I would have gotten the Math Destroyer and simply put in more time. I just kinda avoided studying for it because it was the topic that I least enjoyed. Kinda shot myself in the foot there, but what can you do.