Dat help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnsmith58

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT 20
QR 18
RC 19
Bio 16
GC 16
OG 17
TS 17
AA 17

What should I do, I was planning on applying but is it necessary I retake it?! Help!

Members don't see this ad.

PAT 20
QR 18
RC 19
Bio 16
GC 16
OG 17
TS 17
AA 17

What should I do, I was planning on applying but is it necessary I retake it?! Help!

I think with a single outlier 16 or 17, and 20-21+ for everything else, you could probably apply this cycle. However, all your scores are low and a 17AA simply won't cut it. You can try this cycle but you'll need lady luck on your side and or some really stellar GPA, ECs, LORs, PS, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I used crack the PAT but didn't get the destroyer, now I wish I had. What schools should I apply to to improve my chances of being accepted?

What did you end up using for practice/learning the material?

Have you been reviewing a lot before practice problems?

If your GPA is high enough, you can still get interviews. Once you are interviewed, they will expect you to retake your DAT before you get accepted.

I think I'm going to get the DAT Destroyer and try to get interviews and if they ask me to retake it I will, but should I try to apply with these scores? I just took it today and I'm freaking out

I would apply, but get ready for a retake as well. If you didn't use Destroyer what did you use to study the sciences?

So they won't give interviews if you don't sign up to retake it?

Talk to your pre-health advisor for specific information on what to do. If you're still planning on applying this year (don't take this decision lightly, it costs a lot of money...), you can say you plan to retake the DAT at a later date so that your application will be complete but schools won't review your app until they have the second set of DAT scores.

Well, signing up for a retake will show that you SHOULD score at least better knowing that you have taken it before. It can possibly mean that you were uncomfortable taking the exam the first time or you were hit with anxiety. With that being said, ADCOMs should offer you interviews because they would think you score better. Then if you score really well, then they will accept you.