1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DAT help

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by t12kim, Apr 6, 2004.

1. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi I am taking DAT this coming Saturday and I wanted to ask a question to those of you who did amazingly well on your biology section ( 20~). I took the kaplan class and did all of the tests and practice materials it offers and I also got some practice material from my friend who took princetonreview. However, whenever I take practice tests, there are numerous things that I do not know ( probably learned long time ago in class, but forgot). How did you guys manage to know so many details to pull such high scores? Can you guys give me some tips?..i got 3 days left. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Read the biology section in the Kaplan blue book. Read it from page 1 to the end, and read it well. I mean read it in a way that you remember it well and give every section equal importance. Every topic in those roughly 220 pages is important and is represented in the test (this means don't skip topics like ecology, taxonomy etc., don't skip anything). Three days is more than enough, I know this through experience. Just read it once (it takes about 7 hours) that's what I did the day before the test, and biology ended up being my highest section. I only gave my example to let you know that you can easily pull it off if you get thorough with the material in those ~220 pages.

4. t12kim

t12kim Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thank you so much for your reply. Thanks again and see you around. i am applying this summer, when are you applying?

5. sxr71

sxr71 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm entering school this fall, I've been through the whole process at this point. One piece of advice you should never ignore: apply early.

6. krull

krull Membership Revoked
    Removed

:thumbup:

7. aileen

aileen Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I always thought that no one would get 30 on bio. There's just too much material in that subject, especially towards the end of the Kaplan book such as taxanomy... You only have 3 days. If I were you, I would spend time studying something else where those 3 days can make a big difference.

Good luck.

8. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    while you can study for the next 3 days, i am not sure how much info you can learn. plus, you don't wanna burn yourself out right before taking the test.

if i were you, i would keep on doing more and more practice tests. i hope yo uhave the topscore CD.

good luck on your test.