Dat help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeko1520

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took the DAT last August and I didn't do as well as I would have liked to. I did quite poorly actually. A very close family member of mine passed away and I was unable to focus on my studies. I've been studying all month and plan on retaking the test by the end of January. Is that too late? Is there a specific deadline as to when schools stop new scores or does each school have a different date? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I took the DAT last August and I didn't do as well as I would have liked to. I did quite poorly actually. A very close family member of mine passed away and I was unable to focus on my studies. I've been studying all month and plan on retaking the test by the end of January. Is that too late? Is there a specific deadline as to when schools stop new scores or does each school have a different date? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I am sry to hear about the loss of your close family friend.

Have you submitted AADSAS? if you are taking the January DAT, it may be too late, your chances will be very small even with 3.5+ and 22+. So your best bet will be the next cycle.

There are dates when schools will take the DAT, you can purchase the ADEA official guide to dental school which has all of the info organized for you for $30-40 i forget how much it was. Or you can look it up for the individual schools. I recommend buying the guide.

Good luck