DAT Houston, Texas..mid April 2017

Started by texan2005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

texan2005

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to take DAT this April ...I have DAT destroyer 2015 bundle (Math and DAT destroyer) not sure if I need the newer version, feralis notes from sdn from 2014, Cliffs Biology, Coursesaver DAT videos (I am not too crazy about these) will subscribe to Bootcamp ....any other good advice or suggestions on prep materials ...Also, are there any recommendations for good prep classes/ study groups (in addition to Kaplan and Princeton review what else is there) near the Houston region?? I work full time so can only do evening classes or study groups.
 
Looks good to me. If you run out of resources/test material you could try datQvault, datgenius, or achiever. I've heard good things about them but I haven't tried them myself. Also make sure you do the exams from the ADA. Ari's study schedule from bootcamp is good too.
 
I think what you have planned so far is a good start. I would use what you have to see how you're doing in each subject and then purchase additional materials if you think you need additional practice or focus in those areas. I didn't use any prep classes personally, I think it would be difficult to balance that with working full time and studying for the test on your own.
 
I am planning to take DAT this April ...I have DAT destroyer 2015 bundle (Math and DAT destroyer) not sure if I need the newer version, feralis notes from sdn from 2014, Cliffs Biology, Coursesaver DAT videos (I am not too crazy about these) will subscribe to Bootcamp ....any other good advice or suggestions on prep materials ...Also, are there any recommendations for good prep classes/ study groups (in addition to Kaplan and Princeton review what else is there) near the Houston region?? I work full time so can only do evening classes or study groups.

second @FeralisExtremum about classes, took a kaplan course it wasn't very effective in my opinion.

however, if you are the type of person does not do well studying on your own without any direction, then it may be useful to take a class