DAT in 2012, Applying 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcfuzz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking through the dental info and am sort of confused. I am taking the DAT this summer but don't plan to apply until summer 2013. If I check off a list of schools when I take the DAT, it seems that the DAT scores will be sent directly to the schools this year. What happens if they get the scores and I am not applying until 2013? The alternative is to not check any schools but then have them sent sometime next year but it appears that there is a fee associated with each school I select later. Thoughts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They will have your scores in their records so just select the schools and save money. Good luck on your DAT!

If you were to hold off picking schools, you would pay an additional $30/school you would like your scores to go to. That's on top of the already cringe-worthy AADSAS processing fees, and individual school fees. Pick your schools now and start saving money while you can. I think as long as you select them before you take your DAT, the scores will be made available to those schools free of charge (included with the price of the exam).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been looking through the dental info and am sort of confused. I am taking the DAT this summer but don't plan to apply until summer 2013. If I check off a list of schools when I take the DAT, it seems that the DAT scores will be sent directly to the schools this year. What happens if they get the scores and I am not applying until 2013? The alternative is to not check any schools but then have them sent sometime next year but it appears that there is a fee associated with each school I select later. Thoughts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

The DAT scores are not sent until you fill out an AADSAS application. Only when you fill your aadsas in summer 2013, AADSAS will download your scores from ADA and send them to the schools you select now. I selected all the schools, lol, cuz I didn't know which ones I wanted to send my application to and saved money. Select em all now, do your research about the schools, apply in summer 2013, and you'll be good. :)

Hope it helps. Good luck on your DAT.

Just check for how long ur scores are good for. They are only good for 2 years so idk if that means they would be good for the 15 cycle but they would be good for the 14 cycle for sure