DAT in 3 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winnadds

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm taking dats in three days. I was just wondering what tips anybody has for refining knowledge? Test taking tips?

Chad videos. Notes. Went through destroyer 2016 4-5 times, thoroughly reading solutions.

Skimmed feralis notes.

32/40 bio
26/30 gchem
27/30 ochem

Taking 2009 tomorrow
Average BC gen chem 20, bio 20, orgo 22

Considering postponing 2 weeks. Any thoughts? But I want to be free to watch finding dory. Lol jk

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you postpone after taking the two ADA exams? Just get it over with. Practice scores seem good.

Reactions: 1 users
Why would you postpone after taking the two ADA exams? Just get it over with. Practice scores seem good.

Seems like there's no room for error if you want to score high for the DATs. 1-3 questions missed already brings you down to a 20. Only considering to postpone, because I can take more practice exams hopefully minimizing simple testing errors.

Seems like there's no room for error if you want to score high for the DATs. 1-3 questions missed already brings you down to a 20. Only considering to postpone, because I can take more practice exams hopefully minimizing simple testing errors.
are you making errors bec of mistakes or are you making them because you dont have the concepts clear?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you making errors bec of mistakes or are you making them because you dont have the concepts clear?
its just simple mistakes. maybe reading a question wrong. i think i've done so many questions that i just speed through them. lol 30 min left most of the time if not more.
but you can always improve on PAT and QR which boosts up your score. im considering the 2 weeks.... scores are getting competitive for dental and i dont want to take it more than once

How did you become so proficient in ochem and gchem op?
dat destroyer and chad videos are your best friends!!!!

The general advice is : if you are getting 20+'s on your practices consistantly, and/or you are more excited to be done than anxious to take the test, then take it. If not... postpone.

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't it based of everyone who else taking it that day? So maybe 5 questions could be a 20?