DAT in 4 days... panic!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lee90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
i'm taking the dat in 4 days (8/13/12 monday)
but i don't feel like i'm ready.
I took 2 topscore tests and scores are low:

topscore 1 (AA/Bio/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS)
18/17/18/16/20/19/18/17

topscore 2 (AA/Bio/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS)
18/17/19/17/23/18/18/18

My friend says not to worry about the scores, but i think the scores at least reflects where i am.
I'm especially worried about ochem and RC section.
English is my second language and i'm a super slower reader.
I've tried snd method and writing down key concepts of each paragraphs, but seems like none of them works.
i heard that topscore rc is much easier than the real rc. So i'm aiming for at least 18 (hopefully 19), but it seems like its not possible by looking at the topscore scores. T.T
Also, idk if i should take the dat on monday. Do you guys think i'm ready for the dat?
also i've been taking 1 qvault test everyday and those scores are low too...
my bioqvault scores are 18/17/17/16/18 i still have 5 more tests to take...
i'm aiming for 20 AA (RC is 18). i'm not worried about PAT since i've been doing ok.
but for the rest of the sections, i'm super worried. I know it's not possible to predict my real dat score based on those practice materials, but do you guys think i'm ready?
any comments? you don't have to encourage me but i want to know how others did before their tests?

Members don't see this ad.

WOW. We are very similar in Topscore, have the same DAT date, and am thinking the same thing. My goal is a 19 but will take an 18 as long as I don't have a low score. I am worried about rc (got an 18) and did bad on OC.

Topscore 1 (AA/Bio/GC/OC/PAT/QR/RC/TS)
18/18/20/16/19/20/18/18

Topscore 2: taking tomorrow.

Do not panic. Panic is not a solution to the problem. Instead, just focus on the problems that you answered incorrectly. Revisit the concepts that you are shaky on. This should help you. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat as well (DAT on monday the 13th) and:

Topscore Exams (AA, BIO, GC, OC, PAT, QR, RC, TS)
#1 = 17, 16, 17, 15, 21, 18, 21, 16
#2 = 19, 18, 17, 18, 24, 19, 21, 18

I'm nervous/anxious, but at the same time I'm trying to stay calm and continue going through destroyer/chad's quizzes/bio notes again and hope for the very best! Good luck everyone!