DAT in 4 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDDStobe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have my DAT soon and need some help on what to focus on for the next 4 days. I have gone through destroyer gc and oc 3 times, cliff's bio once, chad videos and quizzes twice, crack PAT a bunch of times, and math destroyer up to exam 7. I read chapter 19-21 campbell's too, bio is all over the place, so iono...

I took my topscore and i got 18 Bio, 19 GC, 19 OC and 20 on RC.my last Crack PAT score was 20. I am worried because I cannot stand taking the test for straight 4 hours. I have been doing it separately. I am very very worried about math and gc due to the calculation and I am pretty slow. There's no calculator for GC, right? how am i gonna do this?

What do you guys think I should do for the next 4 days, just to speed my slow ass up?

I was going to go through destroyer again in 2 days ( possible? ) and do more reading since im ESL and i hate reading.

Any suggestion? I have not done any kaplan test, i have access to it online, should I do those? or destroyer one more time instead??

Members don't see this ad.

one word u will kik ass. Make sure u do remaining full lenght topscore under timed conditions. U really wanna simulate real test conditions buddy! and do kaplan full lengths 1 and 2. Do achiever sciences and math only. Other sections in achiever are ridiculously hard!
read my breakdown!

Last edited:
one word u will kik ass. Make sure u do remaining full lenght topscore under timed conditions. U really wanna simulate real test conditions buddy! and do kaplan full lengths 1 and 2. Do achiever sciences and math only. Other sections in achiever are ridiculously hard!
read my breakdown!

is Kaplan similar to real DAT? I dont have achiever, you think it is worth it to buy them, i heard is way too hard. The reason I ask is cuz i only have 4 days left and is it more important to go through destroyer again, kaplan test or achiever? I don't think I can do them all in 4 days, plus my math worries me. If you have to focus on just one, which one? lol. Im tempting to push back my date, i already did it 3 times! im getting very nervous, i havent been able to sleep well.

btw, very awesome score you have there, congrats!

Last edited:
don bother to get achiever. Do destroyer one more time for OC and GC. Take breaks. Do 100 problems at a time and study math/PAT or something else. Make sure u have the math identities and conversion factors down. If u wanna kill chemistries u must read kaplan's chapter on separation techniques one more time together with a review of NMR/IR and Mass spec. Keep a healthy attitude towards the test and u will do very well.
Also u may wanna try setting up fractions for gen chem correctly. eg : 98/(100*(76/233) into a simplified form without any division but as a regular fraction. 95% of gchem wud require u to setup stuff. forgeting how to rearrange fractions could prove to be a disaster. Know the uses of buret, erlenmyer flask, volumetric flask etc. I didn't have glassware questions on ma test. But the lab section was not covered by Kaplan so I looked it up!
Good luck!

don bother to get achiever. Do destroyer one more time for OC and GC. Take breaks. Do 100 problems at a time and study math/PAT or something else. Make sure u have the math identities and conversion factors down. If u wanna kill chemistries u must read kaplan's chapter on separation techniques one more time together with a review of NMR/IR and Mass spec. Keep a healthy attitude towards the test and u will do very well.
Also u may wanna try setting up fractions for gen chem correctly. eg : 98/(100*(76/233) into a simplified form without any division but as a regular fraction. 95% of gchem wud require u to setup stuff. forgeting how to rearrange fractions could prove to be a disaster. Know the uses of buret, erlenmyer flask, volumetric flask etc. I didn't have glassware questions on ma test. But the lab section was not covered by Kaplan so I looked it up!
Good luck!
whoa that is good to know, i tend to overlook lab stuff thinking that it won't show up on the test. but I will definitely do that. Thanks for the advice :)