1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT in 5 days.. should I get qvault for bio?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by I Brush My Teeth, Aug 15, 2015.

1. I Brush My Teeth

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    my DAT is in 5 days and I feel like I want more practice in BIO just because I want to be exposed to as much as possible: so far I have gone through destroyer once (scored aroundd 73%, went through cliffs AP once, feralis twice, and done tests 1-4 on Bootcamp averaging around a 21)

I took the free Qvault Bio test and got a 23... do you think its worth the 60 bucks to get the 10 qvault tests? or am i prepared enough based on what I've done so far

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. changtw

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I do not think it is necessary to spend more money for additional resources. What you listed seems plenty.

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to go through Destroyer Bio one more time (or more if time permits).

After my DAT, I regretted not working through the bio section a second time. I totally ran out of time and couldn't fit it into my study schedule. I had initially thought I'd be able to get away with going over the questions just once since I seemed to be scoring very well, but quickly realized I hadn't retain as much information as I thought I had with just 1 run-through.

4. JLT223

JLT223 Dental Student
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    In my opinion, it was great and really solidified important concepts. Highly recommend it.

5. sunram

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I think it's totally worth it. I also got my qvault few days before the test and actually I got an exact same question I saw on qvault bio on my real DAT.

htorres89 likes this.