DAT in 7 days, should I reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist409

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My bootcamp averages are not where I would like them to be right now, but I will not be able to take my exam until December if I reschedule due to working and classes. I am shooting for an AA of 20+. My bootcamp averages so far are:
Bio: 18.8
GC: 18.85
OC: 20
PAT: 18.6
RC: 21
QR: 17.6

Members don't see this ad.

I can't give my opinion on test scores, they vary greatly, you could get higher, but you could get lower. The fact that you are posting in the forum, tells me you are not feeling too confident. I am not sure if you took the 2007 DAT Exam, if you did you should have scored at least 20 plus because the test is much easier. When in doubt you should always reschedule, this is not a test you want to repeat!

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer, orgoman

You should definitely reschedule, you shouldn't be doubting yourself on such an important exam. I had the same thoughts and even scores as you on bootcamp and I ended up taking it twice and got the same results. I am on the route of taking it again but this time Im using the destroyer books as practice since they are made to challenge you. Make sure you know all topics from the back of your head so that you wont get anxiety on the exam. I attached my link that has my experience more detailed. I know 1 month or 2 sound long for a postpone but you should solidify your concepts. Goodluck! If you have any questions on anything let me know, I am always here to lend a hand so people wont make the same mistake as me.

My bootcamp averages are not where I would like them to be right now, but I will not be able to take my exam until December if I reschedule due to working and classes. I am shooting for an AA of 20+. My bootcamp averages so far are:
Bio: 18.8
GC: 18.85
OC: 20
PAT: 18.6
RC: 21
QR: 17.6

I would definitely reschedule. Although scores from any test you take before the exam are no real indication of how well you'll do, those scores, in particular, will not get you a 20+ AA if I were to guess. You need to be aiming for a 30, not for a 20. More importantly, if you're asking the question "should I reschedule," you should probably reschedule.

I know it seems like you are using BC exclusively, but I highly suggest investing in and using the Destroyers. The Math Destroyer will really help get your 17 QR up, and that can really boost your AA (right now it's bringing you down). The regular Destroyer will bring up your sciences for sure, because right now your TS is around a 19 max. Using these books worked swimmingly for me, and I'm fairly certain it will for you too.

Regardless, reschedule without a doubt. Take some time to review your weaknesses and prepare as much as you can. And aim for a 30, not a 20.

Reactions: 1 users