DAT in August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile matters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to an issue during my exam, I was granted a retake but the dates available in my area are only available from Aug 13th, would that be too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it'll be late as long as you score well (22+). If you don't, then things might get a little tricky. Schedule it for the 13th and just focus on acing it (a high score will offset any lateness). Good luck!

I would see if you could travel a bit to get an earlier date. If not, you don't really have an option. If you do well (22+) and have good stats I think you will be fine!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it'll be late as long as you score well (22+). If you don't, then things might get a little tricky. Schedule it for the 13th and just focus on acing it (a high score will offset any lateness). Good luck!

Is a 21 AA not a competitive score :/ ? But yes, I do agree - a good score should offset the late exam date

Is a 21 AA not a competitive score :/ ? But yes, I do agree - a good score should offset the late exam date
21 is not bad at all, but if you were to take it Aug 13th/later and score a 21, it would be official by the end of August/beginning of Sept, and may not be enough to offset how late Sept is. But, it's really hard for anyone to give advice because admissions is always a crapshoot :) Just be confident in yourself, good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I took it aug 22nd and got 22/23. I was invited for an interview at 6 out of 13 schools. But I was practically interviewing for waitlist spots or very few last spots. honestly if you have ~20 just apply early. applying early is literally the most important thing

I took it aug 22nd and got 22/23. I was invited for an interview at 6 out of 13 schools. But I was practically interviewing for waitlist spots or very few last spots. honestly if you have ~20 just apply early. applying early is literally the most important thing

did you receive any official acceptances in that cycle?

i went to 5 interviews and got accepted to 1. wait-listed at 3. the admissions told me then and there that there weren't alot of spots left.
3 interviews were literally the last date of interviews for those schools

After approximately which month in the cycle would you be interviewing for waitlist spots? I submitted the majority of my apps on 6/9, two on 7/14 at the latest! Do you think that's okay? I believe AADSAS was open for submission on 6/5 as the first date.

After approximately which month in the cycle would you be interviewing for waitlist spots? I submitted the majority of my apps on 6/9, two on 7/14 at the latest! Do you think that's okay? I believe AADSAS was open for submission on 6/5 as the first date.
Just thought I'd give my 2 cents, I think you are fine! Don't worry! I know the cycle is stressful, but you are okay. Interviewing for waitlist spots really varies from school to school, but I guess it would be interviews that are Jan/Feb 2019 and onwards. By then, most schools have the majority of their classes filled. There's still plenty of time until then, and tons of interviews to be given out from now until Dec. Sit tight & don't stress. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
No you shouldve waited till septempber

Unfortunately, the closest day right now is Aug 16th. How long does it take for DAT to be verified and be sent? i heard 3-4 weeks.

It might be worth it to travel a couple of hours for a different testing center to get an earlier date. Your scores would be probably verified in mid-September which would be really late unless you have very good stats.

I took my DATs in the third week of July, received 23aa, got verified in two weeks. All my interviews were post-December

send in photocopies of unofficial scores you get from the testing center to each school. some might process your app if dat's the only thing missing