DAT IN EXACTLY 3 weeks!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZH1988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys my test is coming up in 3 weeks
any advice??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking mine in exactly 3 weeks also!!

Have you started studying at all? I have been reading the big blue Kaplan book and I've almost looked through the whole thing. I have some old textbooks so I'm going to look through those too. I also have TopScore and I have taken many of the quizzes. So far I've been doing really well on PAT and RC. So I'm not too nervous...yet.

What have you been studying?

Mine 2 guys, 22nd of July, how is it goin so far ?? im studyin on kaplan BB, Destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliffs, Crack DAT the royal version and barrons. I am saving Topscore for the last week and thinkin about gettin acheiver soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine 2 guys, 22nd of July, how is it goin so far ?? im studyin on kaplan BB, Destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliffs, Crack DAT the royal version and barrons. I am saving Topscore for the last week and thinkin about gettin acheiver soon.

wow....that makes me feel very unprepared.

I'm taking mine in exactly 3 weeks also!!

Have you started studying at all? I have been reading the big blue Kaplan book and I've almost looked through the whole thing. I have some old textbooks so I'm going to look through those too. I also have TopScore and I have taken many of the quizzes. So far I've been doing really well on PAT and RC. So I'm not too nervous...yet.

What have you been studying?
I've been studying for a while, went through kaplan BB already but the real studying kicked in a week ago
For bio im using cliff's ap bio and kaplan BB since kaplan BB doesnt go into details
for chemistry both gen and orgo im using kaplan BB
Pat im using crack the pat
also using dat destroyer and MCAT exam kracker for problems
last topscore and kaplan cd for exams a week before
for QR- kaplan word exams and GMAT and dat destroyer
RC- just kaplan which i dont think im prepaired for:mad:

wow....that makes me feel very unprepared.

Dont say that buddy, this is the my third and last time takin this test so i got all the recommended resources. I was stupid to depend on Kaplan before. let me know if you hv any questions guys

Count me in for the 22nd! I am getting really nervous :scared: ...mostly because I am worried I won't be able to get through everything...so far I am almost done with KBB, 1/3 done with Cliffs AP Bio, 3/10 CDP tests done, haven't started Destroyer, and saving TopScore test for the week before. Hopefully being a bio major/chem minor will help everything come back really quickly so I can get everything done!

How much time do you guys spend/day studying? I find myself taking way too many breaks...I need to improve my regimen!

Count me in for the 22nd! I am getting really nervous :scared: ...mostly because I am worried I won't be able to get through everything...so far I am almost done with KBB, 1/3 done with Cliffs AP Bio, 3/10 CDP tests done, haven't started Destroyer, and saving TopScore test for the week before. Hopefully being a bio major/chem minor will help everything come back really quickly so I can get everything done!

How much time do you guys spend/day studying? I find myself taking way too many breaks...I need to improve my regimen!

I study until my brain starts to hurt lol..
i took too many breaks in the beginning too but i started taking L-tyrosine which helped increase my awareness and i started to focus more :)

I got mine on the 21st. Just started studying a couple of days ago. hopefully I will be done with Kaplan BB today, then Destroyer (hopefully twice), then take the Topscore and Aciever practice tests.
I feel like I'm taking too many breaks and I can't get out of bed to save my life lol, but I'm studying anywhere between 4-8 hours each day. I'm gonna try and make that a solid 8 daily. Good luck to everyone.

Mine is on the 22nd too!! I have done some studying for a month, but working full time has killed me. I plan on doing (Starting Monday) 8 hrs a day until the 22nd. That will be 15 days of pure studying. I am going to try and go through destroyer 3 times and do a ton of practice tests.

Anyone else freaking out? AHHHH

Hope everyone does great though, can't wait til we all post our scores and breakdowns come July 22nd, we are going to fill the forum, LOL!!

Mine is on the 22nd too!! I have done some studying for a month, but working full time has killed me. I plan on doing (Starting Monday) 8 hrs a day until the 22nd. That will be 15 days of pure studying. I am going to try and go through destroyer 3 times and do a ton of practice tests.

Anyone else freaking out? AHHHH

Hope everyone does great though, can't wait til we all post our scores and breakdowns come July 22nd, we are going to fill the forum, LOL!!

YES IM FREAKING OUT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel like im not repaired at all

Go for it guys. I'm sure you'll all do fine is you bust your arses for the remainder of the time you have to prepare. Good luck!:D

I was going to tak emine the 22nd but I might take it a week early. I honestly have studied a month but for the last 10 days I've gotten lazy and I'm just getting sick of the material. I got a 19 across the board on the ADA site practice test. Now, I think I'm going to start doing practice exams in Achiever and Topscore for 10 days and then take the damn thing on the 17th and hope I can improve by a few pts.

Hey everybody!

Just saw you guys are on the same track as myself. I got mine on the 23rd (hoping to michael jordan the DAT!)

I have been reviewing lightly for a while with KAPLAN BB. My main weakness is organic chem. I have been through destroyer roughly once and am looking to pace myself through it at least 3-4 times before the 23rd. I also have DAT Achiever that I am looking to get through as well. I haven't started Crack DAT PAT yet but I am looking forward to waking up at 8 AM tomorrow to start my first test. Not sure how I should plan my practice exams... any suggestions? I am also looking into purchasing Topscore...

Its hard to lock down for 8 hours straight.. TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS but I hope with you guys I can keep myself motivated. Best of luck to all!

Hey everybody!

Just saw you guys are on the same track as myself. I got mine on the 23rd (hoping to michael jordan the DAT!)

I have been reviewing lightly for a while with KAPLAN BB. My main weakness is organic chem. I have been through destroyer roughly once and am looking to pace myself through it at least 3-4 times before the 23rd. I also have DAT Achiever that I am looking to get through as well. I haven't started Crack DAT PAT yet but I am looking forward to waking up at 8 AM tomorrow to start my first test. Not sure how I should plan my practice exams... any suggestions? I am also looking into purchasing Topscore...

Its hard to lock down for 8 hours straight.. TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS but I hope with you guys I can keep myself motivated. Best of luck to all!
if you are also going to get topscore do this excatly a week before your exam wake take a test then in the afternoon go over what you got wrong and read the section for it...so thats for 6 days and on the 7th day--and then he rested--
gd

i have mine july 23!! i feel so unprepared. i did cliffs and took notes on it but i dont remember anything! i need to go over those notes like a hundred times. so i went over the sciences once but i need to still do destroyer. is that bad that i havent done destroyer yet? or topscore/achiever? reading-- havent done anything!! i hate it i dont even know where to start. any advice? math- ive been doing that this week and pat ive been trying all along. too many distractions... when mj died i listened to his music for 4 days straight lol. i couldnt get myself off youtube. i need to crack down! 3 weeks! good luck everyone!

I was going to tak emine the 22nd but I might take it a week early. I honestly have studied a month but for the last 10 days I've gotten lazy and I'm just getting sick of the material. I got a 19 across the board on the ADA site practice test. Now, I think I'm going to start doing practice exams in Achiever and Topscore for 10 days and then take the damn thing on the 17th and hope I can improve by a few pts.

I hear ya! I am kinda in the same boat. I am scheduled to take on the 22nd. At first I was scheduled for July 8th, but I kinda freaked out a week ago and decided to postpone it to the 22nd while the date was still there.

Now I have gotten really lazy in the last week and feel really burnt out. I don't have the drive I had before. It is weird. I have lost interest and just want to take it so I can start hanging out with friends again and having fun! I almost want to push it back up to like the 14th or something. Has anyone run into this sort of situation? How did you re-motivate yourself to get in the grind again??

I hear ya! I am kinda in the same boat. I am scheduled to take on the 22nd. At first I was scheduled for July 8th, but I kinda freaked out a week ago and decided to postpone it to the 22nd while the date was still there.

Now I have gotten really lazy in the last week and feel really burnt out. I don't have the drive I had before. It is weird. I have lost interest and just want to take it so I can start hanging out with friends again and having fun! I almost want to push it back up to like the 14th or something. Has anyone run into this sort of situation? How did you re-motivate yourself to get in the grind again??

you find the hardest test available and take this way if u get a bad score...it will motivate u to study if u do good that means ur ready and just take the actual test