DAT in less than a week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raya23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am retaking my DAT on December 31. I have been studying on and off for the last 3 1/2 months. This last week, I have not come out of my house, for that matter, MY ROOM. I locked myself in with all my books. I am doing Destroyer like its part of my religion, also topscore, and some Kaplan. On topscore, I keep getting 19's and 20's across the board. I decided that this last week I will study 12 hours a day, and so far Im sticking to my plan. Any last minute advice will be extremely helpful. Is there anything else that I should be doing in these last couple of days before the big day? :scared::scared::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you've prepared your self academically but now I think it's time for you to work on making sure you are calm on test day. That's what I had to do. For the last week, I was more concentrated on calming myself down and just making sure I wasn't tense. I also looked over DESTROYER (especially the O-chem road maps)!
At this point, the most important thing, in my opinion, is to work on this. Good luck!!

thanx for the advice. Im trying to stay calm, but at this point, any little thing that goes wrong gets me frustrated and upset. I am worried about everything. I feel like I keep forgetting stuff. Lol. Anyway, I dont want to bore any of you with my mental issues, so thanx for the advice. :laugh:

I plan to take practice tests at the same time & under test conditions in the week or two leading up to the test. Set a good sleep schedule and eat well. Lay out your stuff the day before. Maybe even drive to the test center to make sure you don't get lost. :laugh:

Oh and here's a little something to get you pumped: copy and paste the following link but type your name where it says "yourname". Speakers full blast.

http://yourname.youaremighty.com/

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Spend about 2 hours on watching a movie, Cruel Intentions or American Pie, they are good movies to watch before a big exam. That's what I do during the final exam week.

I plan to take practice tests at the same time & under test conditions in the week or two leading up to the test. Set a good sleep schedule and eat well. Lay out your stuff the day before. Maybe even drive to the test center to make sure you don't get lost. :laugh:

Oh and here's a little something to get you pumped: copy and paste the following link but type your name where it says "yourname". Speakers full blast.

http://yourname.youaremighty.com/

:cool:

thanx, that was very cute, it put a smile on my tired face

i agree...make sure ur mentally ready for that day...it;s a wrong day to have a bad day...wt i did is i wrote my practice tests at the same time that i was writing the actual thing...and planed it so that it was timed and absolutely no distractions with timed breaks. make a routine so on the big day it;s just another day...
good luck...

p.s. that;s a good day to write, get it over with and party like a rock star.

Spend about 2 hours on watching a movie, Cruel Intentions or American Pie, they are good movies to watch before a big exam. That's what I do during the final exam week.

yeap i agree....i already have all the 5 American Pie movies on my computer which will be my last moment stuff to do along with solving sample exams...:D

I also highly recommend that you do Dat Achiever. 3 additional full-length exam will do you lots of good!!

you've worked hard

go jog, exercise, watch a movie, stuff yourself in ice cream
you'll be fine

this is just me, but usually on the day of tests, i eat 2 bananas...the potassium does well for memory :p
but don't eat so much! you want blood to go to your brain, not your stomach!

good luck.

nice...i am gonna remember that for my Bio section....LOL

I once read glycogen stores hit their peak 2 days after carb loading. So eat a big ol' bowl of pasta.

thank you boys and girls for all your great advice! i REALLY apreciate it:love:

P.S. I will keep everyone posted on how I do