DAT in March/Acceptance for this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jo07

Dingo
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I retook the DAT last week, didn't do well/computer problems (maybe related?) so I'm auditing. This puts me back 4-6 weeks til I find out if I retake at that point or if I have to wait til March to retake.

What is the chance of being accepted with a retake in March? I hear people do get accepted late...but usually it seems like they took their DAT in Jan or so. I was in the first interview group at my state school, and they told me to retake and raise my score. Which I didn't think would be THAT hard, but somehow it seems like I had bad karma ! And the next few months is going to be a lot more stressful than I anticipated.

Also, is the third time taking the DAT the final time? I'm worried about that because I felt so good about my test and when I got my scores I almost had a stroke. I still have a twitch from the experience :rolleyes: I feel like what if I go into my next test feeling great about what I know-just like last time, and do even worse!?

Thanks for the advice--life is really not going as planned these days :(

Members don't see this ad.

So I retook the DAT last week, didn't do well/computer problems (maybe related?) so I'm auditing. This puts me back 4-6 weeks til I find out if I retake at that point or if I have to wait til March to retake.

What is the chance of being accepted with a retake in March? I hear people do get accepted late...but usually it seems like they took their DAT in Jan or so. I was in the first interview group at my state school, and they told me to retake and raise my score. Which I didn't think would be THAT hard, but somehow it seems like I had bad karma ! And the next few months is going to be a lot more stressful than I anticipated.

Also, is the third time taking the DAT the final time? I'm worried about that because I felt so good about my test and when I got my scores I almost had a stroke. I still have a twitch from the experience :rolleyes: I feel like what if I go into my next test feeling great about what I know-just like last time, and do even worse!?

Thanks for the advice--life is really not going as planned these days :(

I cannot answer your first question with personal experience, but from what I remember there were a few people last year got accepted to NYU and Maryland sometime in May or so.

3rd time is actually not the last time one can take the DAT. It just gets a little tougher after. In order to do a retake after the 3rd one, I believe some sort of documentations (like proof of applying, a letter from your adviser, etc)
are needed by the ADA.

Hope you feel better! :D