DAT in three days..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Menthol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
omg..im so nervous can't focus on studying..
i think I would have time to do only one topscore test..
or should I reduce the amount of time reviewing and do two topscore tests instead..?:(

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I would postpone the test. Do the three topscore, then review for a week. Take it a week from now. It is late anyway for this cycle. I haven't applied yet so don't worry; I think you have time.

Last edited:
omg..im so nervous can't focus on studying..
i think I would have time to do only one topscore test..
or should I reduce the amount of time reviewing and do two topscore tests instead..?:(

don't use topscore as an indicator of where u are its honestly one of the worst indicators although u can learn from ur mistakes. so take the test to find out what more u can learn as supposed to taking it to see if u are ready for the dat. also theres couple mistakes in topscore for bio and the pat is useless

don't use topscore as an indicator of where u are its honestly one of the worst indicators although u can learn from ur mistakes. so take the test to find out what more u can learn as supposed to taking it to see if u are ready for the dat. also theres couple mistakes in topscore for bio and the pat is useless

^ This.

Learn from topscore, but don't use it as an indicator. I didn't score above a 20 AA on topscore, but a few questions in the sciences saved me on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ This.

Learn from topscore, but don't use it as an indicator. I didn't score above a 20 AA on topscore, but a few questions in the sciences saved me on the real DAT.

my DAT is tmr! :eek: nervous as i should be... so i keep getting 18's on achiever pat (so i think i'm ok?) and rc... just frustrates me, not knowing what i'll see on the real test, and how is the lvl of how easy the passages are to read? at the point where i'm praying for a version of the test that would most interest me/ be easy to me :S

my DAT is tmr! :eek: nervous as i should be... so i keep getting 18's on achiever pat (so i think i'm ok?) and rc... just frustrates me, not knowing what i'll see on the real test, and how is the lvl of how easy the passages are to read? at the point where i'm praying for a version of the test that would most interest me/ be easy to me :S

To give you an idea....I got 20 flat on the last 3 achiever PATs, and 20/21 on last two achiever RC.

If you get telomeres/aging/gene therapy, expect 20+. Asides from that, not sure of any other easy ones. Beware of the physics passage + ethics passage. If you get ANYTHING that's like either of them, skip all questions, move onto next passage.

But I personally thought mine were really chill. I didn't even have to intensely read them to be honest, I read it like I would read something on the news.

Good luck tomorrow. I pray for the best, may you be at peace with whatever result you end up with. =) Let me know if you have any last minute questions.

Speaking from experience:

I rescheduled my exam three times. Each time, I freaked out 2-3 days before and thought I was not prepared and had to study some more. Each reschedule cost me $25. Instead of using the extra time that I gained with the reschedule for study purposes, I would slack and then freakout some more when it got closet to the new reschedule date. Looking back I should have taken it on the original date that I had planned since the information was MUCH more fresh in my head and I worried less.

So I guess it is your call. If you honestly think you can tie yourself down to chair, look at the book on your desk and absorb the words, then by all means reschedule. But, if you will freakout even more and slack, then do not.

Took DAT today:
PA: 25 (99.1)
QR: 26 (99.8)
RC: 24 (98.0)
BIo: 21 (95.5)
GC: 21 (91.6)
OC: 24 (97.9)
TS: 22 (98.3)
AA: 23 (99.7)

MY GPA IS 3.49, WHAT IS MY CHANCE TO GET INTO DENTAL SCHOOL ?

Took DAT today:
PA: 25 (99.1)
QR: 26 (99.8)
RC: 24 (98.0)
BIo: 21 (95.5)
GC: 21 (91.6)
OC: 24 (97.9)
TS: 22 (98.3)
AA: 23 (99.7)

MY GPA IS 3.49, WHAT IS MY CHANCE TO GET INTO DENTAL SCHOOL ?

not only is this a thread hijack...but look at your percentile. what do you think your chances are...smh

not only is this a thread hijack...but look at your percentile. what do you think your chances are...smh

worry about my GPA, It is not good enough even I graduated from top 50 University.

Last edited: