DAT Influence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ti30x2s

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I scored a 23 TS on the DAT but only have about a 3.0 BCPM GPA (I had a rough undergrad experience). I'm confident in every other aspect of my application but my GPA. Is a decent DAT enough to advocate for my abilities aside from the holistic components? I'm applying to BU, UCSF, UTHSCSA, UTSD, TAMU, NYU, UNE, and Tufts. Any schools I should cut or add?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I scored a 23 TS on the DAT but only have about a 3.0 BCPM GPA (I had a rough undergrad experience). I'm confident in every other aspect of my application but my GPA. Is a decent DAT enough to advocate for my abilities aside from the holistic components? I'm applying to BU, UCSF, UTHSCSA, UTSD, TAMU, NYU, UNE, and Tufts. Any schools I should cut or add?
Your high TS will definitely help but your GPA is definitely a factor. I would contact the schools directly or look at the stats for those schools. You might also consider Meharry and Howard.

Wishing you the best
Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers