DAT is done fellows!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newmexomfs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am done!!!!!!!!!
2009 2010
PA-14 PA-18--> this is the reason why I retook this beast. I would be happy to have physics on this test. I hate PAT period
QR-16 QR-17
RC-17 RC-21
Bio-18 Bio-21
GC-21 GC-30
OC-23 OC-30
TS-21 TS-26
AA-19 AA-24

Thank Waheguru = God! I could not have done this without his help and SDN community! And thanks Romano! Hopefully the score report stays the same cuz I unintentionally stole their markers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have my DAT in couple of weeks and I am just starting orgo and I am confused how much I need to know.I have Kaplan and destroyer material.Is it enough as there is so much info if I look into text books.Help please:(Can u plz write down the material u used.Thank u

Members don't see this ad :)
attah boy! Enjoy the rest of your summer man. congrats

No not a chemist but almost a Biochemist! I am senior Biochemistry major which probably helped!

those are amazing scores youll get in wherever you want to go congratulations awesome gchem and orgo

I am done!!!!!!!!!
2009 2010
PA-14 PA-18--> this is the reason why I retook this beast. I would be happy to have physics on this test. I hate PAT period
QR-16 QR-17
RC-17 RC-21
Bio-18 Bio-21
GC-21 GC-30
OC-23 OC-30
TS-21 TS-26
AA-19 AA-24

Thank Waheguru = God! I could not have done this without his help and SDN community! And thanks Romano! Hopefully the score report stays the same cuz I unintentionally stole their markers.

Ok so I just moved into my new dorm room and now have time to do a breakdown. I took DAT last year and made my biggest mistake. I studied @ home and utilized Kaplan live online course. 70% of the time was spent day dreaming and scavenging through home cooked food in my mom's fridge (I love the chicken curry u know:laugh: ). It was very unproductive. However, this summer I retook Kaplan (Inclass course this year/ my teacher was cute.. gr8 motivation to go to class) n decided to live on campus and lived on Taco Bell and Sonic.

PAT: Last year I did poorly on PAT, idk why I found excuses to not to practice this section. I simply hated it. I used CDP this time. I naturally suck @ PAT and my CDP scores ranged between 17 and 21. I knew I won't score great on this section. My goal was to to able to finish all 90 questions. I am gonna have to get new glasses. Looking into screen while doing CDP everyday for 1.5 months ruined my already poor vision. Looking back I feel it was worth it.
RC: My RC score was below average:Why? English is my second language but I started learning English in pre-school so that shouldn't be an excuse.. right? One thing that all ESL applicants need to realize is that attitude is the biggest thing going into this section. In the last one year I started my Biochem Honors project which required me to read lots of research papers, which probably helped. I did a few kaplan practice tests and went into RC thinking that I love reading and scored between 18-19. On real test last year I had ******ed passages on bridges. However this year I got lucky. I didn't get pianoed. I got three science passages out of which two were Biochem based. Biochem is my baby, so I flew thru the first two and guessed on 7 questions on the third one. So doing well in this section is a mixture of both self confidence and luck!

Bio: I did destroyer 3X, read cliffs 9 times and finished all Kaplan material. I knew Kaplan material inside out. I had few questions that were covered in Kaplan Bio subject tests and practice tests. I am glad I read thru all Kaplan explanations and workshops. Destroyer was a gr8 resource as it covered stuff that wasn't covered in Kaplan and Cliffs. In the end I finished Topscore and Achiever. My test didn't seem random. I had tons of Molecular genetics questions. I am glad I read Campbell's Chs 18-21. Know the different blots , genetic engineering, gene regulation and techniques. As others have said "Cover breadth and worry less about depth" However I did have some super detailed questions, which I am sure I missed!

Ochem: I love chemistries. OC>GC though. I got A+s in both Ochems so I knew most of my stuff. Last year I missed spec problems as my Prof didn't covered this section well. I covered every spec and separation in destroyer this year and finished Kaplan material and destroyer 3X. I made notecards on questions I missed on Topscore and Achiever, which was very helpful!

Gchem: Kaplan subject tests and full length tests 3X and destroyer 3X. I was expecting 28-30 on Ochem but this 30 was unexpected!:laugh:

QR: I did Math destroyer 2x and ofcourse used Topscore and achiever. I was averaging 19-22s. However I skipped about 14 questions on real test this year. QR was ridiculously hard. I am glad I skipped stupid area problems because test makers are tricky. Problems 33-40 were the easiest problems ever! I thought wow test makers are such Dbags!

Doing great on DAT is a combination of hardwork+luck+organization. Remember one thing "This test will not singlehandedly determine the purpose of your life" Before I started test this year I told my self that I can work at Taco Bell or a shoe store if I don't get into dental school. During my break I went to bathroom got back to testing room in 3 mins and skipped remaining break. I just wanted to be done and start my summer! Thanks to SDN community for being there and ofcourse to god for giving me the strength to work hard.

wow nice scores. Enjoy ur new place u got nothing to worry about
i'm taking mine in a couple of months. Hopefully i wil be able to match ur scores

hey great job man your scores are awesome, I have the kaplan online stuff, how much did you think that helped? I find the g chem to be pretty hard and time consuming, did you go through all the workshops for bio chem and o chem?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey great job man your scores are awesome, I have the kaplan online stuff, how much did you think that helped? I find the g chem to be pretty hard and time consuming, did you go through all the workshops for bio chem and o chem?

I finished every workshop but dint bother to do all workshop quizzes. Make sure you read thru explanations (for both missed and correct questions) on Kaplan midterm, final, full length exams 1,2,3 and know their subject tests. Make a log of things u missed. Supplement Kaplan material with Destroyer before you do kaplan Full length tests, topscore n achiever and u wud kill the DAT!

sweet thanks, why would you do the kaplan midterm and 1 2 3 before kaplan final and topscore? any reason? I just took my first kaplan final actually

Great JOB!

Im curious, Can you tell me any techniques used while studying with the Cliffs AP bio book and Kaplan book, and did you do destroyer after reviewed each section?

Again, Nice scores!

MOss

Hi rodney!
I am a crammer. Last summer I crammed Kaplan BB cover to cover for Bio and then read cliffs. Between my retakes I used cliffs as a reference throughout last semester for upper level biology classes. I created a word doc with animal diversity info in it. One class tht helped me the most was Developmental Biology. I would say just read the material over and over again. Destroyer will help you look at the same material in a different fashion. U wana do as many practice tests u can after finishing Kaplan materials and Destroyers 2x. The more variation and variety of problems the better!

would you recommend achiever or top score for practice test? or even kaplan full test online?

Nice job!! :D

So what did you think of the reading comp on the test compared to RC on topscore? I'm hoping that it's similar!

2 out of 3 passages were exactly like topscore. The last passages was ******ed and I had to guess like on the last 5 questions. But I did have some inference and tone questions, that I hadn't seen before.

I was under the impression that even if you got every question right you still could not get a 30 on those chemistry sections. How did you get around that?

Thats exactly what I thot before I saw double 30s on my score report. I have seen a friend's score report with 30 on Ochem, so I was not surprised but Gen Chem was surprising.

Last edited: