DAT is Done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyingforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am not sure whether I should be happy or upset.

BIO 19
GC 18
OC 20
RC 17
QR 21
PAT 19

TS 19
AA 19

Last Attempt:
Biology- 19
Chemistry- 18
Organic- 19
RC- 20
Math- 19
PAT- 21

Should I consider a retake?

My BCP- 3.2
Undergrad- 3.1
Grad- 3.5

This is my second time applying to dental school. Luck is not on my side again.:mad:

talk to dentalworks, how many schools did you apply to last year? your stats arent that bad. mine are close to yours except my gpas are better. did you get any interviews last year? ur kind of making me nervous here.

talk to dentalworks, how many schools did you apply to last year? your stats arent that bad. mine are close to yours except my gpas are better. did you get any interviews last year? ur kind of making me nervous here.

I got couple interviews and no acceptance.

Did you have any clinic, teaching, and research experiences?
I heard someone who got like an 89% on PCAT (very high) and did not have any experiences. Got reject three times. I am just making a reference.
DAT, GPA, Experiences, good personal statement, and interview are like a heme that binds four domains of hemoglobin.

Members don't see this ad :)
380 hours of shadowing, 3000+ hours of research (with one publication), 500+ volunteer hours, 5000+ of other work experience.

I worked 40 hours per week throughout my academic career. I know I work like a machine.

380 hours of shadowing, 3000+ hours of research (with one publication), 500+ volunteer hours, 5000+ of other work experience.

I worked 40 hours per week throughout my academic career. I know I work like a machine.

omg!! :laugh: I don't know what's holding you back unless you are applying to top school.

Oh ****, this is not good news. The physics passage appeared during the last week in July and everyone who had that version scored in the 19-20 AA range at best despite how well they were prepared. Then during the ensuing weeks, no one mentioned the physics passage and scores shot up in the 22-24 range for a lot of people. Now it seems like the physics passage is appearing again this week as I'm days away from D-Day. I am royally screwed. fml.

Oh ****, this is not good news. The physics passage appeared during the last week in July and everyone who had that version scored in the 19-20 AA range at best despite how well they were prepared. Then during the ensuing weeks, no one mentioned the physics passage and scores shot up in the 22-24 range for a lot of people. Now it seems like the physics passage is appearing again this week as I'm days away from D-Day. I am royally screwed. fml.

I could have done better but I ran out of time. I had other passages on Glutamate receptor and Genetics vs. Cancer.

I could have done better but I ran out of time. I had other passages on Glutamate receptor and Genetics vs. Cancer.

That's strange because I remember someone having the glutamine receptor and cancer passages but didn't have the physics one. He had cardiovascular diseases instead. I haven't seen the DAT splitting up their passages. From all the score reports I've read, it's the same groupings (i.e. hurricanes, helicobacteri pylori, quarks/bosons passages in the same version).

That's strange because I remember someone having the glutamine receptor and cancer passages but didn't have the physics one. He had cardiovascular diseases instead. I haven't seen the DAT splitting up their passages. From all the score reports I've read, it's the same groupings (i.e. hurricanes, helicobacteri pylori, quarks/bosons passages in the same version).

I am not sure, I had the combination of Glutamate receptor, genes vs. cancer and Physics (in that order).

I am gonna cry if I get this physics passage...
but good job flying! I think your RC score will make the cutoffs for schools

Nothing you can do about the physics passage. If you get it, you get it unless you plan to break the screen. :D

Members don't see this ad :)

BIO 19
GC 18
OC 20
RC 17 (Physics passage ruined my AA)
QR 21
PAT 19

TS 19
AA 19

Last Attempt:
Biology- 19
Chemistry- 18
Organic- 19
RC- 20
Math- 19
PAT- 21

My BCP- 3.2
Undergrad- 3.1
Grad- 3.5

This is my second time applying to dental school. Luck is not on my side again.:mad:

what have you done differently this 2nd time your applying? is the grad gpa new? as in you didnt have it last time you applied? how else has your app improved since last time?
also did you already APPLY/submit or are u thinking about it? i say why not.......just submit.....try it out, i feel like if youve done things to improve ur app, then you have a decent shot, i mean your bcp/sci is not bad by any means imo, i mean its nothing GREAT/high but i dunno, i feel like your stats are all pretty standard/generic so why wouldnt u have a shot?
at this point though, what else would could you do to improve yourself if god forbid u dont get in this cycle bc u already did a masters im assuming? youd probably just have to retake your DAT and get an amazing score? i dont know....

Easier how? I thought its random.

There are fixed versions and which one you see that day will be a luck of the draw. I would assume for retakes, the system wouldn't allow you to get the same version(s) you had taken previously since it would undermine the validity.

I tested last week and I had cancer, psychology (? kind of hard to describe further without saying too much to be comfortable), and then glutamine. I agree that I've never seen groupings change up like this from reading old breakdowns on these boards. Seems like they might be changing things up in DAT-land.

BIO 19
GC 18
OC 20
RC 17 (Physics passage ruined my AA)
QR 21
PAT 19

TS 19
AA 19

Last Attempt:
Biology- 19
Chemistry- 18
Organic- 19
RC- 20
Math- 19
PAT- 21

My BCP- 3.2
Undergrad- 3.1
Grad- 3.5

When did you take the DAT the first time around? Did you study much more this time around?

this is so on point!! aaah ive been seeing all the 22-24AAs and I'm like AAAAAAAAAH HOWWWWWWWW
I mean I know those people studied hard and do deserve it but I felt like I got...a hard version eek!

Good job flyingforever!!!! I think your fine!

When did you take the DAT the first time around? Did you study much more this time around?

I studied couple months both times. I studied more this time around. I went over DAT destroyer twice (GC, OC) and once (BIO, QR). Last time I didn't do destroyer and no Chad's quizzes. I was super prepared. Testing center was really accomadating this time. I asked for a quiet place so they gave me a room by myself.

this is so on point!! aaah ive been seeing all the 22-24AAs and I'm like AAAAAAAAAH HOWWWWWWWW
I mean I know those people studied hard and do deserve it but I felt like I got...a hard version eek!

Good job flyingforever!!!! I think your fine!

I don't believe some of the 22-24 AAs. JustwantDDS, I am not sure, but schools weigh more for students who have completed grad degree. I am still worried, should I take it again?

I had the first 2 with no physics passage as well and i took mine today. glutimate receptors, genetics and cancer, and psychology and exercise. thank god i skipped out on the physics passage. i ended up getting a RC of 19, so still nothing to brag about haha.

Last edited: