DAT IS OVER!! How does it look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTEMAN21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I am pretty new to the site. I have noticed that everybody posts there stats to see where they stand so here is mine

AA: 20
TS: 20
PAT: 19 :( I was scoring 22-23 on the practice tests

Overall GPA: 3.5
Science: 3.3

I am applying to 16 schools so I do not want to list them, but how does it look.
By the way i thought DAT achiever and Topscore did a great job preparing me. I scored a 23 in biology and 25 in reading comp. But I scored a 16 :confused: in QR which killed me. 19's in chem and ochem. Will most schools look over the QR score or is that going to affect me getting interviews??

Members don't see this ad.

Those are pretty good scores. The 16 QR won't matter. A lot of people do poorly on it because it's at the end...

Congratulations!

coral2005 said:
Those are pretty good scores. The 16 QR won't matter. A lot of people do poorly on it because it's at the end...

Congratulations!

Does it look good if you do really well on QR because it is the last subject?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I work with two dentists that went to NSU and thats one of my top choices. When they went there it was a lot easier to get in, but do think i have a shot?

EmanUT said:
Does it look good if you do really well on QR because it is the last subject?

I suppose it just shows you're a math whiz.

;)

UTEMAN21 said:
Thanks, I work with two dentists that went to NSU and thats one of my top choices. When they went there it was a lot easier to get in, but do think i have a shot?

I don't see why not. I'm sure a lot of people with similar stats to you got in this year. Have you checked out www.predents.com ?

great scores! i got a low QR too (compared to my other scores), but it didn't affect me and i got in to d school the first try. Overall, I think u are looking good...just turn in the application as soon as u can. Good Luck!!

UTEMAN21 said:

Do you think I have a shot? WTH? What do you think? I think you cam ehere to show off the scores. If thats the case than show off, dont come and ask dumb questions.

Of course you have a shot.:rolleyes:

hey dude

the scores look good. gpa is good as well. how is your dental experience? those are the 3 main things dental schools look at. if you have all 3 requirements, get your aadsas turned in early, and have a good interview, you should be set.

good luck.

UTEMAN21 said:
Hey there, I am pretty new to the site. I have noticed that everybody posts there stats to see where they stand so here is mine

AA: 20
TS: 20
PAT: 19 :( I was scoring 22-23 on the practice tests

Overall GPA: 3.5
Science: 3.3

I am applying to 16 schools so I do not want to list them, but how does it look.
By the way i thought DAT achiever and Topscore did a great job preparing me. I scored a 23 in biology and 25 in reading comp. But I scored a 16 :confused: in QR which killed me. 19's in chem and ochem. Will most schools look over the QR score or is that going to affect me getting interviews??

You're GPA and DAT scores look fine...I believe you just passed the QR cut off for a lot of schools, which usually is around 15. I'd bet on a few interviews for you given your personal statement and dental experience is average or above.