Dat July 19th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impulse155

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dat coming up soon. I already postponed it once. From June 30th.
3.1 gpa, I need at least a 21+ on my dat.

Took my first topscore
AA: 20
Biology: 19
Chemistry: 19
OC: 19
TS: 19
PAT: 20
QRT: 22
RC: 20

DAT Qvault
Bio: 18/18/19
OC: 24/20/20
GC: 18/17/19/22 (the 18 I took with no knowledge,17 i took at like 2 am, idk why, also were before I started chads)
RC: 21

CDP: 19-21's
What you guys think my futures looking like. Any ideas on how I can pull up the Bio section? I think OC I can get a 24 and GC I might be able to pull a 22. The bio is a problem.

Honestly for RC I have no idea how I am getting so high. I dont read, I dont enjoy reading, I dont think I have ever actually picked up a book and read it. Even for school. The 21 in RC is blowing my mind.

QRT I have always been extremely good in math, always had a strong math background.

Members don't see this ad.

My DAT is on the 13th and I scored about the same on the first topscore as you when I took it two weeks ago. Have you gone through destroyer bio?

Impulse, I'm not sure what your study materials are, but destroyer has 400 questions that goes over everything it seems, also a read or two through cliff's ap should broaden your bio study. I've always seen alot of people talk about barren's.

Also, if your problem for bio is keeping track of the terms, i recommend anki, its a smart note card program that really does help. Good luck!

does everyone reccomend qvault??

I got around the same scores as you did on the Qvault and on topscore and I got a AA/TS 22 on the real test.
For bio just read up on the sections you're the weakest in and review the destroyer bio and any other source because each one explains it in a different way and it helps you absorb it. I did 2 points better on the actual test than on topscore.
For Gchem just go over the problems and the solutions they posted and know how to do those and you'll bring up that 19, I scored a 19 on the topscore and got a 24 on the real test.

I think you're in great shape, just keep working on your weak spots and you'll be good to go! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had similar sores as yours. Check out my breakdown in my signature. I would suggest to work a little more on PAT and of course don't forget the rest. Relax read over your notes daily. Do a few more practice tests and you should be ok. GL

Guess ill make this a little blog for myself till july 19th

Did:
DAT destroyer:
90x gen chem
90x orgo
120x bio

DAT q vault bio- 18
DAT q vault oc- 19

The OC I took had a fair amount of mistakes I felt ;\

Plan on doing the same 90/90/120 tomorrow. Probably some chads.
Finish all the destroyer on sunday. More chads.Finish chads monday/tuesday And then just practice tests all the week after is my goal.

Qvault was definitely a gold mine for bio but I'd focus more on destroyer for the chems. I dunno what happened but I'd been consistently scoring 19 and above on the Gen Chem and Ochem sections but I guess I just got unlucky with my sections (plus I think I psyched myself out.) Still if I had to do it over, I would have skipped the Chem qvault all together and stuck with Destroyer. It seems like my experience was similar to others in that there were hardly any reactions/ plug in the reactants questions. Good luck :) I'm sure you'll do fine.

Scores so far:
QVAULTS: Some of them I wasnt prepared for. For example, the first 2 GC's were when I first got the program and before chads.

Bio: 18/18/18/17/18
OC: 24/20/20/19/20
QRT: 22/19
GC: 18/17/19/22
RC: 21

Yesterday:
PAT: 19 (CDP)
2x chads chapters
10 pages bio

Today:
PAT: 19 (CDP)
QRT: 19 (qvault)
OC: 20 (qvault)
Bout to do some chads and more bio

What types of Ochem questions did you encounter?

Qvault was definitely a gold mine for bio but I'd focus more on destroyer for the chems. I dunno what happened but I'd been consistently scoring 19 and above on the Gen Chem and Ochem sections but I guess I just got unlucky with my sections (plus I think I psyched myself out.) Still if I had to do it over, I would have skipped the Chem qvault all together and stuck with Destroyer. It seems like my experience was similar to others in that there were hardly any reactions/ plug in the reactants questions. Good luck :) I'm sure you'll do fine.

What types of Ochem questions did you encounter?

Curious to this as well. I thought people said the "randomness" of the chem sections was matched on qvault.

I just hope I dont get that many biochem questions or lab questions. The biochem ones I need to go over, the lab questions Ih ate though ;\

So far:
Did one chads
Practice GC: 20 (at least 4 dumb mistakes, apparently according to me electrons have a negative mass)
Practice QRT: 21
Planning on doing another chads, hoping to do a PAT when I get back home, but it will be like 10 by then so probably just 10 more pages of bio. Might review the previous 20 I did though.

Today:
GC 20
QRT:22
PAT: 20

Tomorrow I basically only have practice and bio to do. I finished all my chads videos so its all practice frm there. Ill probably start doing my destroyer questions again for organic then taking practices for those.

Today:
Bio- 18 :(
GC - 19 :(, should be hitting 20s
QRT- 22
PAT-21
OC- 20 (like 3 stupid mistakes)
All qvaults cept PAT

Chad has biology question available now too. If you've gone through destroyer, the quizzes at the end of cliffs, I'd look into them if you have a subscription! I noticed them today and plan on giving them a once over before my test. (I don't know how good they will be in comparison to other bio questions, I feel that the more the better though!)

And there is 115 free bio questions here:
http://www.prep101.com/mcat/free-mcat-study-aids/

Chad has biology question available now too. If you've gone through destroyer, the quizzes at the end of cliffs, I'd look into them if you have a subscription! I noticed them today and plan on giving them a once over before my test. (I don't know how good they will be in comparison to other bio questions, I feel that the more the better though!)

And there is 115 free bio questions here:
http://www.prep101.com/mcat/free-mcat-study-aids/

Do you know how good is lectures are? I was thinking about using them but havent heard anything about htem.

HIS BIO VIDEOS ARE FREE? WTF?
does anyone know if they are good? lpol

I felt that his videos are geared towards mcat more, so I didn't watch them. But the handouts and the quizzes are fantastic! I am going through the quizzes now and will only watch the vids if I feel I am particularly weak in a certain topic. Good luck!
Sent from my ADR6350 using SDN Mobile

They might be free only for a little while because they are fairly new. I haven't watched his bio videos, so I don't know how good or how much detail they go into. But I will probably try to take the bio quizzes! It's like 400 questions to reinforce some of the concepts! I'd say its worth a shot, especially since I thought his GC and OC quizzes were great!

Like vlaura said, if you notice you always mix up something in a certain topic, it might be worth while to watch the few videos about that topic. Thats what I would probably do. Take some Qvaults and if I miss all of the photosynthesis questions, it would be worth while to watch the videos about that topic then to take the quiz (or part of it and save the others for the next day).

They might be free only for a little while because they are fairly new. I haven't watched his bio videos, so I don't know how good or how much detail they go into. But I will probably try to take the bio quizzes! It's like 400 questions to reinforce some of the concepts! I'd say its worth a shot, especially since I thought his GC and OC quizzes were great!

Like vlaura said, if you notice you always mix up something in a certain topic, it might be worth while to watch the few videos about that topic. Thats what I would probably do. Take some Qvaults and if I miss all of the photosynthesis questions, it would be worth while to watch the videos about that topic then to take the quiz (or part of it and save the others for the next day).

The thing that sucks about my bio is that I am really inconsistant on it. Im not doing bad in 1 section (maybe plant bio), but overall im doing well in some sections on one test and bad on the same sections on the next test :(

Edit:
Today:
Did some bios, got over 20's on them (there ones I took like 3 weeks ago)
PAT: 22
QRT: 20
GC: 20
OC: 19 I thought this one was really tough just going through it ;\

Went through all 400+ questions today, and I really liked them! There are definitely some tricky ones he threw in there, which is great because I feel the DAT may have questions like that. (Take that with a grain of salt bc I have yet to take my DAT haha) There are definitely some errors, where the solutions do not match the answer labeled 'correct'. Particularly in the Genetics quiz. All of the solutions/explanations are correct though as far as I can see. Look at those rather than the marked answer choice--just in case. Made tons of notecards from his questions. Some of the questions are redundant, but it really helps with remembering concepts. I scored around 70-90% correct on each quiz. Hope that helps~

Solid scores all around...I wouldn't take Topscore too seriously. Most people do better on the real DAT.

Solid scores all around...I wouldn't take Topscore too seriously. Most people do better on the real DAT.

Unfortunately I made a really dumb mistake on top score. For the first 2 tests I only took the Bio's like 3 weeks ago so they wont really indicate a true score for me.

I just took my 3rd one though.

AA 19
BIO 19
GC 18 (really? better on bio than gc?)
OC: 20
PAT: 19 (averaging 21 on CDP?)
RC: 18, i knew I was going to do bad on this, my friend kept interrupting me with questions)

So I bought the program about a year ago to mess around with it. I was averaging like a 20-21 when I got a consistant strategy. I found thema lot harder though.
I feel like now they are a lot easier though (angles are still just as hard), my scores so far are 18/19/20/21/22/21.
I also hear a lot of people saying cdp is easier. When I was trolling these forums last year nobody was saying that and it was an accurate representation.
I also feel the hole punching is a joke now. I do them all in my head and on the past 2 exams got 100% on both.
I also finish the PAT with 10 minutes left every time.
Is cdp easier? real dat getting harder?