DAT June 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalslc

Dentalslc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the DAT and got the following scores...

AA: 18 TS: 19 Org: 19 Gen: 22 Bio: 17 RC: 19 Qr: 15 (yuck) PAT: 17

I have a 3.71 CumGpa and a 3.6 Sci Gpa. I have done a tone of dental shadowing and will be working as a dental assistant full time for the next year. I was a resident assistant for 3 years in college. I did 4 semesters of organic research of which I presented the research at a ton of symposiums and such. And I have some really good LOR's, one of which I was given the opportunity to read over.

I am putting my application in this week for the fall 2012 application cycle. What do you think my chances of getting into a dental school are with these scores? I am nervous because of the 15 in Qr for obvious reasons. But I am THE WORST at math. The 17 in PAT is also putting me on edge.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good GPA. Your DAT isn't bad, but it's not good either. This is a tough situation to think about retaking.

I'm thinking you'll get at least a few interviews. You're GPA is good and you're DAT is just average. I would submit as early as I can to help increase my chances. I honestly think that the QR part is gonna be low compared to the other scores on the DAT. I know that it was the worst score for me as well. If you could, I would maybe retake and try to bring the scores up a bit.

Sighh... I think I have to retake also. The problem is I have to wait until the end of August.

Should I still apply early? Or wait until I retake?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your DAT scores are similar to mine..... I wonder if we took the same version of the test yesterday.. lol. But your GPAs are competitive, so I think you're okay. I'd try to apply anyway with your current DAT. Its not a bad DAT score.