DAT June 28th 2014 Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rabih B

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
First I would like to thank everyone on SDN for their modest and honest opinions about the DAT, you guys are amazing!

I just took my DAT yesterday and I scored as follow:

Biology: 21
GenChem: 30 !!!!
Organic : 21
PAT: 16 - :(
R.C: 16 - English not my first language.
Math: 18

OverAll: 21 ---> Science Overall: 22

My Overall GPA: 3.9 Science GPA: 3.96

Material I used-->
DAT Destroyer , My Notes, Top-score & Bootcamp!!

Bio (21): For Biology I used DAT Destroyer and AP Cliff 3rd edition & my Notes from class (I'm a Biology major). first I read AP Cliff from cover to cover along with my notes and then I dove into the Destroyer. Guys I can't emphasize it enough DAT DESTROYEERRRRRR is the real deal, I went through it like 4 times. I know my score in Bio is not that impressive but I'm telling you every single question on that book matters, read the question and answers carefully know them all.

Bootcamp score: 20-27.
Topscore: 16-19
ADA 2007/2009: 22/23

General Chemistry (30): For this section I was nervous because of the timing and the bunch of the calculations in it. However, I took GenChem last year so I reviewed the Notes and Solved DAT Destroyer 5 times!!! and I was set.... I always liked General Chemistry.
Bootcamp was a good practice on timing for that section but it didn't cover all you need to know. Bootcamp is a good practice tool but NOT A LEARNING tool and that's the difference between Destroyer, which has 300+ questions and Bootcamp.

Bootcamp score: 19-23.
Topscore: 19
ADA 2007/2009: 21

Organic Chemistry (21): I took Organic last semester so I was fresh on all reactions. I reviewed those notes and dove into Destroyer again. I know some people on SDN say that Destroyer is an over killer BUT Personally I thought it was necessary, it's always better to over prepare. You need to know everything on Destroyer and you will be more than fine.

Bootcamp score: 19-24.
Topscore: 19
ADA 2007/2009: 21

PAT(16): Terrible Score!!!! I used BootCamp and Crack the PAT. It didn't work. I e-mailed Ari asking him to make better videos, like using harder examples than the simple ones only. The real exam was almost as hard as the Bootcamp.

RC(16): English is not my first language and I was expecting a low score to be honest. BootCamp is the only tool I used for this section. I was scoring 15's and 16's one time 19 on exam 5. On the real exam their was no statement/ reason questions. I had couple Tone questions that Bootcamp don't have at alll!!!

Math(18): This was a stupid mistake from my end to be honest. I thought I was good in math so i didn't practice much, three days before the exam date only. Some people told me do destroyer only (the 150 question at the end of DAT Destroyer) but I think these questions are good for the 27/40 questions on the test the other 13 questions you need to know Math Destroyer!!!!! I had it but I didn't practice all the tests only 2 of them. Now I regret it. Bootcamp is way off on QR and I think some people on SDN agree to that from what I have read on some threads.

The Day before the exam I did Nothing I tried to relax, I was soooo down I drove around and ate ice-cream. No studying whatsoever...

I feel I should re-take it again considering the low scores for RC & PAT.

Good Luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nice scores man. Sure you'll get in with such high science scores and GPA so don't sweat it. I'd trade you haha. But you saying the real DAT is much different from bootcamp and CDP worries me :p Did you take all the CDP and bootcamp test? How'd you score?

I don't think you need a retake at all, especially with the killer GPA. Nice job!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Great science scores. How does a 21 21 and 30 equate to a 22 TS? I know it's not an average but I would think it would be closer to 24

Reactions: 1 users
So you would say that going through the Destroyer multiple times is a MUST?

CONGRATS!! nice Gchem score! and nice GPA
Could you please tell us types of tone questions that weren't on the bootcamp
English is my second language too and I'm really worried
And how was difficulty of the passages? were they similar to bootcamp's?

Nice scores man. Sure you'll get in with such high science scores and GPA so don't sweat it. I'd trade you haha. But you saying the real DAT is much different from bootcamp and CDP worries me :p Did you take all the CDP and bootcamp test? How'd you score?

Bootcamp is not different its just not a learning tool, basically it doesn't cover everything that's why you need to go over Dat Destroyer, which does. If I were to compare Bootcamp to another source like topescore and qvault I would say bootcamp is the closest But again Destroyer is the what you need for the sciences period. Bootcamp PAT is a spot on on the difficulty but I thought better videos explanation would make even better. Thank you and good luck! Don't worry!

Great science scores. How does a 21 21 and 30 equate to a 22 TS? I know it's not an average but I would think it would be closer to 24
I don't know I'm waiting on my official scores to see the percentiles! Thank you!

CONGRATS!! nice Gchem score! and nice GPA
Could you please tell us types of tone questions that weren't on the bootcamp
English is my second language too and I'm really worried
And how was difficulty of the passages? were they similar to bootcamp's?
Bootcamp reading passages are a bit difficult compared to the real exam. the tone questions were simple but that's only for my version it can get more tricky. I tried Search and Destroy and it didn't work for me. the best thing is to MAP the passage, meaning make a title for each paragraph after you read the first 2 sentences of it. If you practice practice practice you would be fine I just didn't have all the time in the world to practice! Thank you ! and Good luck!

very good scores!! Especially in the sciences. Best of luck in applying to schools