1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

DAT LAYOUT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by stomatologjia1, Mar 14, 2019 at 9:24 PM.

1. stomatologjia1

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys! So I'm studying for my DAT and have been using DAT Bootcamp as my main source of studying and practice questions. My friend recommended I get DATqVault so I purchased all the subjects. As I opened the first PAT test for qvault the layout was so different than what I was used to. The holes in the hole punching section looked so weird compared to bootcamp. I was averaging about 10-15 sec per holepunching question on bootcamp and on qvault I was taking double the amount of time to figure it out. I was just curious if the layout of the perceptual ability part of the DAT will be like bootcamp or more so like qvault. Also, another difference that I noticed was that qvault PAT was WAY easier than bootcamp (especially keyhole and angle ranking). Which program should I really base my score off of in regards to how well I will do on the actual DAT?
    THANKS! (sorry this is so long)

2. hurryupdec3rd

Bootcamp PAT> DAT PAT> Qvault PAT

If you can avg a 19-20 on bootcamp, then you can get at least a 21 on the real thing.

futuredentist0023 likes this.
  3. lulucavy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Just took my dat this Monday! I didn’t purchase QVault for PAT so I can’t comment on that but I would say on my real dat the layout is pretty similar to BC. On the scale of 1-5, if BC is 5, I would say for my test keyhole is 3, TFE 4, angle 3, hole punching 5, cube 4, pattern folding 5.
    Good luck !!

4. Third Molar

Pre-Dental
    Bootcamp repliates the DAT in terms of format and questions. Really the best resource out there.

5. princeafrica

princeafrica Certified Boss

Dental Student
    I recommend PATBooster for PAT! I have heard amazing reviews

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...