DAT LAYOUT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stomatologjia1

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I'm studying for my DAT and have been using DAT Bootcamp as my main source of studying and practice questions. My friend recommended I get DATqVault so I purchased all the subjects. As I opened the first PAT test for qvault the layout was so different than what I was used to. The holes in the hole punching section looked so weird compared to bootcamp. I was averaging about 10-15 sec per holepunching question on bootcamp and on qvault I was taking double the amount of time to figure it out. I was just curious if the layout of the perceptual ability part of the DAT will be like bootcamp or more so like qvault. Also, another difference that I noticed was that qvault PAT was WAY easier than bootcamp (especially keyhole and angle ranking). Which program should I really base my score off of in regards to how well I will do on the actual DAT?
THANKS! (sorry this is so long)

Members don't see this ad.

Bootcamp PAT> DAT PAT> Qvault PAT

If you can avg a 19-20 on bootcamp, then you can get at least a 21 on the real thing.

Reactions: 1 users
Just took my dat this Monday! I didn’t purchase QVault for PAT so I can’t comment on that but I would say on my real dat the layout is pretty similar to BC. On the scale of 1-5, if BC is 5, I would say for my test keyhole is 3, TFE 4, angle 3, hole punching 5, cube 4, pattern folding 5.
Good luck !!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say PATBooster is easily the best PAT resource out there, it's closest to the real DAT in terms of difficulty, format, and types of question (I had some questions on my DAT that looked identical to ones on booster). Bootcamp is good too but their PAT is slightly easier than the real DAT and not as representative since they haven't updated their questions in years.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! So I'm studying for my DAT and have been using DAT Bootcamp as my main source of studying and practice questions. My friend recommended I get DATqVault so I purchased all the subjects. As I opened the first PAT test for qvault the layout was so different than what I was used to. The holes in the hole punching section looked so weird compared to bootcamp. I was averaging about 10-15 sec per holepunching question on bootcamp and on qvault I was taking double the amount of time to figure it out. I was just curious if the layout of the perceptual ability part of the DAT will be like bootcamp or more so like qvault. Also, another difference that I noticed was that qvault PAT was WAY easier than bootcamp (especially keyhole and angle ranking). Which program should I really base my score off of in regards to how well I will do on the actual DAT?
THANKS! (sorry this is so long)

You should check out PATBooster, it's better than either Bootcamp or DATqvault, and it matches the real DAT in terms of format and questions. Really the best resource out there.