DAT materials question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shjfr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the Kaplan Blue Book, Cliff's AP Bio, and reaction sheets for Orgo.

Do you think this is enough material to get a decent score on the DAT (19-20)?

I understand that Topscore/Achiever are important for prep. also.

I have read that Kaplan is sufficient for gen and orgo, and the cliff's is a good source for the biology section. So I figured that these sources should be enough.

Also, what should we be expecting to be in the statistics portion of the QR? I have never really taken any classes that involved statistics (such as probability), except one "statistics" class this last semester that pretty much only covered business statistics (variation, st. dev., other worthless things that I already knew).

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the Kaplan Blue Book, Cliff's AP Bio, and reaction sheets for Orgo.

Do you think this is enough material to get a decent score on the DAT (19-20)?

I understand that Topscore/Achiever are important for prep. also.

I have read that Kaplan is sufficient for gen and orgo, and the cliff's is a good source for the biology section. So I figured that these sources should be enough.

Also, what should we be expecting to be in the statistics portion of the QR? I have never really taken any classes that involved statistics (such as probability), except one "statistics" class this last semester that pretty much only covered business statistics (variation, st. dev., other worthless things that I already knew).

Thanks.

Kaplan, topscore and achiever should be good enough. Alot of people are going to bring up destroyer and I've heard it's a good resource. It's also like 150 bucks. I've got Barron's which I like. It's less info than Kaplans but it keeps you focused on the important stuff and since I've heard the test is "conceptual" and not just rote memorization I think that's important.

The statistics is pretty much just probability, combinations, and permutations from what I understand.

Awesome, I have never learned any of that.

Yeah I just took stats and the probability section was my worst part. Really sucks that they have it on the DAT. And yeah, they don't really teach that in business statistics, they focus on the stupid stuff that you'll never really use.