DAT Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted945327

Can anyone tell me what materials they recommend for studying biology and QR and general chemistry for the DAT? I had taken the DAT and used the destroyer for all sections once but never got the score I wanted on the actual test. Any recommendations would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

I highly recommend Destroyer-- it is challenging and even more so than the actual test, but I found it to be helpful in preparation (you have to go through it multiple times and genuinely understand the material). I haven't used Bootcamp, but that's another option if you're unsatisfied with the Destroyer. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I highly recommend Destroyer-- it is challenging and even more so than the actual test, but I found it to be helpful in preparation (you have to go through it multiple times and genuinely understand the material). I haven't used Bootcamp, but that's another option if you're unsatisfied with the Destroyer. Good luck!
That was the problem I faced. I did the destroyer once the month before the final month until my exam and then I started focusing on bootcamp. I felt like I had seen someone of the questions on the exam from the destroyer but that was my own fault. Hopefully I can fix that mistake and retake it this December.

Reactions: 1 user
That was the problem I faced. I did the destroyer once the month before the final month until my exam and then I started focusing on bootcamp. I felt like I had seen someone of the questions on the exam from the destroyer but that was my own fault. Hopefully I can fix that mistake and retake it this December.
I studied a total of 2.5 months for the DAT, and I just went through Destroyer every day for those two months on top of free resources available online (Booctamp, Qvault, Genius, etc.). So, as long as you know Destroyer inside and out, you will be fine! Bootcamp is more representative of the real DAT, but Destroyer allows you to master the concepts to do well. In my experience with the test, Destroyer was a lot harder compared to the real DAT, but I still recommend going through it multiple times and truly understanding the material. You got a while to study, so you'll be good!

Members don't see this ad :)
The DAT Destroyer is a teaching tool and not to be used as a test, but rather a book to learn from. The DAT is very challenging with many different versions, our materials have often been referred to as overkill, but IMO the only way to face the DAT is overprepared, if not you run the risk of a retake.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me what materials they recommend for studying biology and QR and general chemistry for the DAT? I had taken the DAT and used the destroyer for all sections once but never got the score I wanted on the actual test. Any recommendations would be helpful!

For QR and GC its more about repetitiveness and understanding the concepts (as opposed to brute memorization). I would suggest brushing up on your foundation first like with chad’s videos or mikes videos and then going through questions on bootcamp, Qvault and destroyer. Take note about the questions that keep giving you issues like thermo or stoichiometry and after do the subject specific exams to hone in. Good luck youve got this!