DAT Math Calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marymatthews

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the DAT will now be offering calculators on the exam, does this mean the Math section will be harder? I understand that a calculator will make math computations faster, but does this mean they are going to ask harder math questions in order to balance this?
Btw, is the DAT curved?

Members don't see this ad.

Since the DAT will now be offering calculators on the exam, does this mean the Math section will be harder? I understand that a calculator will make math computations faster, but does this mean they are going to ask harder math questions in order to balance this?
Btw, is the DAT curved?

I think the level of difficulty will be similar, perhaps answers will be in exact values, instead of a setup of the calculation, etc. We can do square roots, so some changes in the way answers are presented to us, I would assume.

DAT is a standardized exam, not sure what you meant by "curved."
Your percentile might differ based on how well you and your peers do on that day. For example, you might get a 20 in QR and it could show (96%) it simply means you're 96% base on the ppl you competed with on that day only. Another person might also get a 20 on a different day and it shows (91%). The Final score is what's important.