DAT Math Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emitpeels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I started going through the math destroyer and I'm having a difficult time. I have never been talented at math, but I know going through these problems is the best way to get a decent QR score. I was wondering if you guys could offer some advice on how to utilize this resource without having the urge to crawl into a ball and cry everytime I do practice problems. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, ALL destroyers are not meant to be used as practice sections but as learning materials. Completing the sections in the math destroyer timed will be quite challenging at first...but once you learn from your mistakes (really try to learn how to approach each problem), each section will get much easier and you will realize how much less difficult the math section on the real exam is.

Reactions: 1 user
Everytime I sit down to do the problems it makes me feel like I want to cry. The problems are so tough, I guess I just wanted to see if other people felt the same way. I guess I just need to keep hammering away at it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt the same way. The problem is that you are going to see radically different types of questions every time you practice.

It's not about being good at memorizing the material but knowing how to use high school level math to solve DAT level math puzzles.
It felt like time was the biggest factor. If any pre-dent was given 10 hours for the section, I think everyone can get 30 (at least from my version of the DAT QR).

Do not give up man. It is usually tough at first. However, if you study the solition manual and look back at your precalc books, you get really get stronger in this section. Keep studying, you should see soe good coming your way.

The more you do on the destroyer, the better it gets. just stick with it and try to understand what you got wrong and why.
Do the first few tests untimed and them time yourself on a few. Tests 11 and 12 are challenging, so if you got a lower score on those,
don't worry about it. I cried when I did them lool.
good luck

Stay in the zone. After you go through Destroyer and CrackDAT for a second or third time, you will feel like you learned a lot more. Stay strong and you will succeed.

On Sunday I went through tests 3 and 4 of math destroyer. I already feel a bit stronger. Going to continue to push through it :D

Reactions: 1 user