Dat Math Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nirvrex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if the title is misleading but do need some help with the DAT math. I noticed that there really isn't alot of good information for the math sections of the DAT, so I have decided to do somthing about it. I am currently designing a completely free site, which is going to have problem sets, formulas, tutorials ect.. it might take a little while to get going, but It just pisses me off that every freaking DAT help guide costs like 80 dollars, and none of the SAT, GRE, or GMAT math books cover all the stuff on quantitative reasoning in enough detail... so basically long story short I was wondering if you guys could help me come up with a list of topics I should include, and any areas you think the general person struggling on the DAT would have trouble with. I just want to stress that this isn't some kind of ad or anything, because I am not going to charge for the site, I just want to make sure I am covering everything, and that I know which topics to put in the most detail.

anyways thanks alot guys, hopefully I can get the site up asap, and then other people won't have to go through all the crap I did in order to study for the QR section (my way of paying all the favors that people on this forum have done for me forward).

- Dave

---oh and just to mention that I am pretty experienced with making webpages (so that people dont think that helping me compile a list is a waste of time). Ohh and rest assured I will be searching through the forums for topics and formulas that I think should be included. - thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

That's really nice of you to offer.

Not sure if you've read the DAT test specifications, but for QR here are the list of topics:
QUANTITATIVE REASONING
40 items
I. Mathematics Problems (30)
A. Algebra (9)
1. Equations and expressions
2. Inequalities
3. Exponential notation
4. Absolute value
5. Ratios and proportions
6. Graphical analysis​
B. Numerical calculations (6)
1. Fractions and decimals
2. Percentages
3. Approximations
4. Scientific notation​
C. Conversions (3)
1. Temperature
2. Time
3. Weight
4. Distance​
D. Probability and statistics (4)
E. Geometry (4)
F. Trigonometry (4)

II. Applied Mathematics (Word) Problems (10)

The numbers in parentheses indicate the numbers of problems. So for instance, 4 out of 40 problems will be on trigonometry. The largest chunk by far is word problems, followed by algebra. HTH

yea that list is what I am currently baseing it off of, however certain things I have noticed are giving more trouble to people on the forum, such as combination problems. So I was trying to find out which problems people have the most trouble with.

do logarithms show up on the QR dat section? if not, maybe just throw it in because it may show up in gen chem? I'm just now starting to study for QR, when do you think your going to have your site up and running (at least partially)? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
im not sure, I have been working on it everyday, but its alot of work haha. Maybe I can put it partially up in like 2 weeks, but it wont be fully ready for atleast 2 months.

Now that I know at least somebody will actually use it, Il do my best to get it up asap.

yea that list is what I am currently baseing it off of, however certain things I have noticed are giving more trouble to people on the forum, such as combination problems. So I was trying to find out which problems people have the most trouble with.

I think the problem everyone has is not so much not knowing how to answer, but speed. Not sure how you can teach that.

My personal hang ups are trig and probability.