DAT more than 3 times?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentstudent1

Balle Balle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have taken the DAT 2 times and my latest scores are 18/18/20. I am thinking about retaking the test for a 3rd time.

My question is that say for instance I dont do well the 3rd time....or do even worse.....is that really the last time I can take it for ALL schools....or do only a few schools care how many times you take it? I know some schools say if you take it more than 3 times you should reconsider dentistry...but what about the schools that dont say that? do they really care about a 4th or a 5th time?

Members don't see this ad.

its my understanding that you can only take the DAT a maximum of 3 times unless you get special permission from the ADA. Also, some school choose to look only at the most recent scores while some choose to look at the highest scores and still others the average of your scores. If I knew which school did what I would post but I dont ... anyone????

To the OP: You need to send ADA something showing that a Dental school told you might be accepted if you retake a 4th time.

its my understanding that you can only take the DAT a maximum of 3 times unless you get special permission from the ADA. Also, some school choose to look only at the most recent scores while some choose to look at the highest scores and still others the average of your scores. If I knew which school did what I would post but I dont ... anyone????

I am wondering the same thing...

thanks for the replies guys....and yeah hopefully i wont have to deal with asking for permission for a 4th time....

and if anyone has a list of schools which take the highest scores of each section on the DAT im sure that will be some valuable information that some of us could use.