DAT multiple times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkdeluca

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any suggestions or advice for someone who has taken the DAT 3 times and increased 2 points the second time and stayed the same the 3rd time?

I am feeling so defeated. So sad. So hopeless. Becoming a dentist is my dream but I'm starting to fear it will never happen. I don't know what to do anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not good. First was a 14 and the last two were 16s.
don’t feel hopeless you can do it. you improved which is good. it depends on ur gpa and experience also but take it one last time to get an 18. take ur time studying use booster, destroyer. don’t take it until you score 19-20 on the practice tests. you’re almost there!!

Id take some time to assess your study habits what youre using to study. I used Booster and DAT Destroyer and saw a significant improvement in my scores. Making a strict study schedule also helped. Are you solid in the foundations before going to practice questions? I used OC Odyssey and GC Destroyer and thought they really helped me study more productively because I actually understood the concepts vs just thinking that I did. Its definitely possible to raise that score even more! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user