DAT ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nina118

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i am a reaplicant and i just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can give it a shot, but if I were you I would retake with those two 17's.
You would not want to give adcoms any reason to reject you.
Listen to what other people say here and make up your mind

You can give it a shot, but if I were you I would retake with those two 17's.
You would not want to give adcoms any reason to reject you.
Listen to what other people say here and make up your mind
I got 3 interviews last year and got waitlisted to two schools. I am just hoping this time i actually get accepted since my scores have improved

I believe the cutoff for most school in any section is a 17 so technically you're ok. If it was a 17 in JUST the QR, then I'd say you're fine but schools still do look heavily on the RC since you'll be learning by reading textbooks for 4 years. But your GPA is pretty good so I guess it depends which schools you apply to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice improvement, congratulations! The good news is all of your scores meet the cutoffs at all schools I can think of, and your scores are around the average for acceptance to dental school. What I would recommend is to ask the schools you're interested in applying to for their opinion on your scores and if they're competitive. Their opinion matters the most, after all.