1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

DAT ok?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Nina118, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Nina118

Hey guys i am a reaplicant and i just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NavyDDS1990

Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can give it a shot, but if I were you I would retake with those two 17's.
    You would not want to give adcoms any reason to reject you.
    Listen to what other people say here and make up your mind

4. Nina118

I got 3 interviews last year and got waitlisted to two schools. I am just hoping this time i actually get accepted since my scores have improved

5. enamel88

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I believe the cutoff for most school in any section is a 17 so technically you're ok. If it was a 17 in JUST the QR, then I'd say you're fine but schools still do look heavily on the RC since you'll be learning by reading textbooks for 4 years. But your GPA is pretty good so I guess it depends which schools you apply to.

6. Ari Rezaei

Ari Rezaei Senior Member
    Lifetime Donor Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Nice improvement, congratulations! The good news is all of your scores meet the cutoffs at all schools I can think of, and your scores are around the average for acceptance to dental school. What I would recommend is to ask the schools you're interested in applying to for their opinion on your scores and if they're competitive. Their opinion matters the most, after all.

7. NavyDDS1990

Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just FYI, Maryland has a cut off at 18 in all sections except in PAT

8. Nina118

Thank you guys for your opinions