DAT once a year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mermaid66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone
Im taking DAT ffor 3rd time ( dont laugh at me im not smart and I know but I ll keep trying :(
so I was wondering if i do poorly this time around if i want to take it again, is there any way ? or do I have to ask for school's permission? and is it once a year ? do even schools consider me as an applicant or an idiot? or I should forget dentistry :scared:
Thank you ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking it in mid of July for the 3rd time 2. DO NOT think about doing poorly on it at all my friend, do your best study hard and nail it. I studied on Kaplan and it didnt help me so this time i got topscore, crack the royal version, Barron's, DAT destroyer and i just started studyin 3 days ago.

Thank you buddy
I m really nervous and keep thinking that I will get the ETHICS passage. i did ok on me sciences but RC ruined everything both time s :( I was just wondering what would happen :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking it in mid of July for the 3rd time 2. DO NOT think about doing poorly on it at all my friend, do your best study hard and nail it. I studied on Kaplan and it didnt help me so this time i got topscore, crack the royal version, Barron's, DAT destroyer and i just started studyin 3 days ago.

hey, i heard from a lot of ppl that barron's is full of mistakes. everyone says cliffs ap bio is the best for bio section. good luck!

ye i think im gettin that 2, it is good for orgo for the info part but destroyer is sick its the best,,,how is ur studyin goin buddy ?

This is your last time. Good luck.

Doc, where do you come up with these ideas? The funny thing is that you sound pretty damn certain about it too:laugh:.
Mermaid66, you can take the DAT as many times as you like. However, most schools won't consider you fit for dentistry if you take it more than three times. If someone can't get competitive scores on a test after three times, perhaps they should rethink their career choice.
There's actually a discussion going on here, about a dude who took the DAT 9 times. So, no one can stop you from taking the damn test. But if you exceed a certain number of times, schools won't consider you anymore.

Doc, where do you come up with these ideas? The funny thing is that you sound pretty damn certain about it too:laugh:.
Mermaid66, you can take the DAT as many times as you like. However, most schools won't consider you fit for dentistry if you take it more than three times. If someone can't get competitive scores on a test after three times, perhaps they should rethink their career choice.
There's actually a discussion going on here, about a dude who took the DAT 9 times. So, no one can stop you from taking the damn test. But if you exceed a certain number of times, schools won't consider you anymore.

What ideas? I just made a single statement.
Are you saying he/she should go into the test with the intention of taking it a 4th time?
To take the test a 4th time, you need an adcom to say they recommend you take the DAT a 4th time, which is probably a hard to get.

SO, 3 times is usually the max. Good luck.

What ideas? I just made a single statement.
Are you saying he/she should go into the test with the intention of taking it a 4th time?
To take the test a 4th time, you need an adcom to say they recommend you take the DAT a 4th time, which is probably a hard to get.

SO, 3 times is usually the max. Good luck.

I'm not saying she should take the DAT 4 times, but the third time doesn't have to be the last time. She can take it as many times as she wants if she decides to do so.

just study ur butt off and take practice tests to see where you are. if you feel like ure getting scores you like, then go take the test.

After your third attempt, you have to petition the ADA to take it for the 4th time. I believe part of that petition involves sending the ADA a rejection letter from a school to show as evidence that you are applying. But, as for this time, re-evaluate your study methods and see what went wrong. If RC is your only problem, then focus heavily on that. What method do you use for RC? I used Kaplan's method of writing down keywords for each paragraph and then going to the questions, and I got a decent score for RC. Good luck.

Het Thanx everyone for the advice
and 4th molar
I always go to questions first and skimm trough paragraphs. my problem both time was the long passages and very tone questions. English is my second language and I ve been here only 3 years so for me it takes longer to analyze stuff and be quick about it. although I rarely have problem with my text books, I think the RC is a bit tricky :( Im doing good on my sciences but the schoold im interested in really care about PAT and RC , I will work on it though
;)