DAT or Biochem First? (Sequencing Question)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maraudersps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a post-bacc applying to dental school for the fall of 2013 and am missing one pre-req: biochemistry.

Does it make a difference whether I take biochemistry first, then take the DAT after or vice versa? Would one serve as an effective refresher for material on the other? It's been a few years since my last science course so I'll need to do a lot of DAT prep.

Also, if I took the DAT first, would it be totally fine to apply in June 2012 without already having completed biochem as long as I plan to take it before matriculating (fall 2012)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a post-bacc applying to dental school for the fall of 2013 and am missing one pre-req: biochemistry.

Does it make a difference whether I take biochemistry first, then take the DAT after or vice versa? Would one serve as an effective refresher for material on the other? It's been a few years since my last science course so I'll need to do a lot of DAT prep.

Also, if I took the DAT first, would it be totally fine to apply in June 2012 without already having completed biochem as long as I plan to take it before matriculating (fall 2012)? Thanks.

If you apply next year, I would say take biochem first. At least, you dont have to worry about photosynthesis and kreb cycle lol.

Most schools require Biochem. Its good to have it done before you apply rather than later. You need about 2-3 months for the DAT.