DAT or MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if the DAT or the MCAT are similar cause im still debating what I wanna do I am a starting my second year at comm. college and then in two years transferring to UCSD but I still have not decided medical school or dental school. please help!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I was wondering if the DAT or the MCAT are similar cause im still debating what I wanna do I am a starting my second year at comm. college and then in two years transferring to UCSD but I still have not decided medical school or dental school. please help!!!!!!

I think you should concentrate on getting into UCSD and maintaining a high GPA, then decide. 2nd year is a great time to start thinking about this stuff, but in your situation it would probably be better to concentrate on current courses.

DAT and MCAT are very different even in the SNS portion.

I think you should concentrate on getting into UCSD and maintaining a high GPA, then decide. 2nd year is a great time to start thinking about this stuff, but in your situation it would probably be better to concentrate on current courses.

DAT and MCAT are very different even in the SNS portion.

Ok sounds good thank you very much.

can't hurt to spend some time shadowing a doctor and a dentist. that can help make up your mind

Members don't see this ad :)
can't hurt to spend some time shadowing a doctor and a dentist. that can help make up your mind

Agreed.

The entrance test is only a tiny, part of what a career as a dentist or doctor is all about. The type of exam shouldn't make up your mind - experience with and research about the field should.

You goto watch out tho, maybe u want to look into UCSD sooner than two years. Dental School and Medcial school will sometime not consider community credits at all....