SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Dat Over!!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by daviddav, May 12, 2008.

1. daviddav

daviddav 5+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Athens, Ga
    This experience is finally over. My scores are below:

PAT: 19 WTF
    QR 22
    RC: 20
    BIO: 22

GPA: 3.71

Anyway, this really has been very nerve wrecking. Does anyone thing the lower PAT compared to the rest will matter so much?

I will comment on them all. Everything for the most part seemed fair. Lack of time for RC. I didn't answer six of the PAT ones because I skipped some of them and didn't factor those into my time when I needed to go back and answer them. Each section had its tricks. I don't know what else to say. If you have any questions, just ask.

I used schaum's, Kaplan book, Achiever, and Topscore, as well as this forum.

Thanks to everyone.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dencology

Dencology 2+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2008
    How did you use Schaum's book, did you read it cover to cover or you skipped around? what was most useful about schaums?
  4. Hybridtavo

Hybridtavo Dr Ortegon 7+ Year Member

Apr 8, 2008
    All I can say is Great Job!!!! If u have any input on the sections or ur methodology of study plz share
  5. DKBuono

DKBuono 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2008
    Haha I'm glad you did great! Mind sharing those study methods as mentioned above? Thanks!
  6. daviddav

daviddav 5+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Athens, Ga
    To be honest, a lot of people said they have sat down for months and months studying for this thing. That wasn't my way at all. Starting in January, I started reading kaplan's book and schaum's. I read kaplans about 4-5 times through and schaum's twice. I just read them cover to cover, and went over other stuff that I didn't really understand that much. Then I took all the practice tests in the last week and studied what I didn't understand from taking the tests. I did well in achiever in the PAT and it was much harder than the real thing. I think I just panicked and ran out of time....

It really isn't that just have to relax.
  7. small

small 10+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2007
    University Place, WA
    Good job, looks like you're set; just turn your stuff in on time and don't be late for your interviews. I wouldn't worry about the PAT score, it's a good score!
  8. medalofhon0r

medalofhon0r 2+ Year Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Great Scores! and GPA:thumbup:
  9. alltheway

alltheway 2+ Year Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Nicely done!! you are in

What did you use for the math section that really helped on the exam and how was the bio (i.e was it general or specific)
  10. allstardentist

allstardentist All-Star 10+ Year Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    awesome score. congratz
  11. daviddav

daviddav 5+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Athens, Ga
    Thank you guys so much for the replies. Reading everything on here is what really helped the most. To answer some questions on bio, well, it really is random. A lot requires thinking and applying, had one question that had a picture, and had a lot of know it or don't nitty gritty stuff. It was fair, but I can see how it can be difficult. My score surprised me.

For math, I studied kaplan, and I studied achiever and topscore. I was REALLY surprised by my score on this. I scored 18s and 19s on all my practice tests. I think I got lucky, I had maybe 2 trig problems, and one hard probability questions. It really wasn't that bad. Either the practice helped that much or I am a good guesser. :)
  12. playa2652

playa2652 7+ Year Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Hi. I'm taking my test on Friday and I was wondering if the science part of the DAT was harder or easier than on the topscore and achiever tests? I have been getting around the 17, 18, 19 on those sections and I'm sorta scared.
  13. pasionatdentist

pasionatdentist 2+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2007
    great job.......