DAT Partial Fee Waiver - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acemason

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has applied for a partial fee waiver for the DAT and heard back from them yet? I plan on taking the exam in April and applied for the DAT Partial Fee Waiver about two weeks ago. I received an email back a few days later stating that they had received my application.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the ADA whether or not you were approved for the waiver? I know that their offices have been closed due to the holidays and will reopen on Monday. I hope I get approved for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So in case this helps anyone in the future:

I highly recommend you apply for the DAT fee waiver early in the year if you come from a low income household. You fill out a simple form and personal statement and you should hear back from them with a decision in a week or two.

Did you have difficulty filling the form out? I wasn't able to access the form from either of my computers (a mac and an HP). I had to print the form, fill it out by hand, and re-upload it through my scanner.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ace, I also applied about 2-3 weeks ago and just heard back from them earlier this week. Hopefully you get some information soon!

I filled mine out with Adobe Reader, which I'm pretty sure is free to download.

Ace, I also applied about 2-3 weeks ago and just heard back from them earlier this week. Hopefully you get some information soon!

I filled mine out with Adobe Reader, which I'm pretty sure is free to download.

I heard back too and was approved! Good luck on your exam!

Just heard back from them today and was approved! Good luck to everyone! Ordered myself a 2015 DAT Destroyer and I love it so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, seems like what I did worked because I was also approved! I thought I had applied for it late but they are still giving out the partial fee waivers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, so I just filled out my Partial fee waiver form (I didn't know they even had one of those). I applied yesterday. How long 'till I get a confirmation e-mail that they received it and what do you think my chances are for getting it? (especially considering I applied so "late" in the game).

This tardiness will NOT be happening for these applications, though.

Hey, so I just filled out my Partial fee waiver form (I didn't know they even had one of those). I applied yesterday. How long 'till I get a confirmation e-mail that they received it and what do you think my chances are for getting it? (especially considering I applied so "late" in the game).

This tardiness will NOT be happening for these applications, though.

I applied on a Friday, got an email that my request is processing on Monday. I was approved a week later. I'm not sure how quickly they run out of fee waivers for the year. Please post back letting us know either way! Hope you get it.

I applied on a Friday, got an email that my request is processing on Monday. I was approved a week later. I'm not sure how quickly they run out of fee waivers for the year. Please post back letting us know either way! Hope you get it.

Thank you! I'll be sure to do so! I'm so excited and scared for this process! AHHH!!

I got it! Thanks everyone! Good luck on the DAT And I'll be sure to be back on here when I'm going through the stressful application process! I hope everyone gets into their dream school :).

I emailed the contact info provided at the website and they said due to the high volume of incoming applicants, it's highly unlikely I will get a fee waiver! :(

That sucks :/

You should apply anyways, maybe not all of them will be approved.

Does anyone know if you get accepted for the fee waiver for the dental applications, that if you can apply to more than 3 schools? I know that they pay for a maximum of 3 schools, but can you pay the rest out of pocket if you want to apply to more than three schools?

I tried to access this link, but it showed an error page. Is there any chance that you have this form saved in your computer? Can you send me the form? I am so appreciated.

Unfortunately they're all out of fee waivers for 2015 so they took down the form.

is there a way to submit the form since its not open online? I have printed it out and wrote my statement, but I checked this morning and the message in red was displayed.