DAT Perceptual Ability Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDent2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you allowed to use scrap paper during the PAT part of the DAT. I know you can during the rest of the sections. Also, does anyone have any little tricks for some parts of the PAT. I have heard that there are some, but I have only seen a couple to hold true. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll divulge one tip that we're not really allowed to teach in our course. :D

Tear off the corner of the page, fold it over once, and then use that to compare angles.

Good luck doing that when most of the testing centers only provide 2 laminated sheets of paper with dry erase markers.

And if you are lucky enough to find a testing center still giving pencil and paper, good luck doing that without getting caught. People have done that in the past and were pulled from the test because it was considered cheating.

Cameras are everywhere to ensure you don't cheat, so there really isn't anything you can hide. Some testing centers don't even let you touch the computer screen.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard many times from SDN that it's considered cheating.

Anyway, if we r talking about angle ranking problem...I thought it's the easiest section :p

I was very tempted to put the laminate sheet up to the screen for the PAT, but I also thought it was cheating. I would refrain from doing it; the PAT isn't that hard anyways, study your sciences more, I wish I had.

What is the best way to master the PAT, is it just taking tests everyday to improve your score or what, it's frustrating me.

Crack the PAT is pretty popular. Achiever is also pretty good, imo.

So I was thinking about this today....which version of Crack Pat would everyone recommend? I was thinking the package that had the 10 tests....the royal flush seems like it would be more than I would use, but I want to make sure I have enough practice...(in case 5 tests isn't enough). Any advice?

Are you allowed to use scrap paper during the PAT part of the DAT. I know you can during the rest of the sections. Also, does anyone have any little tricks for some parts of the PAT. I have heard that there are some, but I have only seen a couple to hold true. Thanks.

Try crack the DAT PAT it's a pretty good program to help you out on the DAT

I heard many times from SDN that it's considered cheating.

Anyway, if we r talking about angle ranking problem...I thought it's the easiest section :p

Weren't you sh*tting yourself over how difficult angle ranking is? Guess you've improved.