DAT practice exams schedule suggestions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DATpharo

I have been studying for the DAT via Kaplan for the last 2 months and at this point I believe I've done the best I could to get most of the material down. Now I plan on just taking practice exams to prepare myself for the real thing. After looking through countless threads, I decided upon ordering Topscore (3 tests) and CDP (5 tests). I have 3 full length practice exams from Kaplan left. I am taking the DAT in 12 days.

I would like your suggestions on my practice exam schedule up until the DAT:

Friday (Aug 13): Kaplan practice exam
Saturday: Topscore practice exam
Sunday: CDP practice exam
Monday: Kaplan
Tuesday: CDP
Wednesday: Topscore
Thursday: CDP
Friday: Kaplan
Sat: CDP
Sun: Topscore
Mon: CDP
Tues: Review?
Wednesday (Aug 26): DAT TEST DAY!

This is what I have planned. Any opinions? Basically I'm taking some form of practice exam every day, but I'm not adamant on having to take every practice exam I got. I just want to figure out the best way to approach this to produce the best results.

Is that schedule an overload? Should I leave some space in between and take some exams out? Should I switch anything? Any advice will be much appreciated! I apologize for the long post.

Members don't see this ad.

If all you're doing those days is taking the test and not doing extra studying on the side. I think you could get away with not taking a whole day for a single CDP test, that'll leave you with more time to learn stuff you find your shaky on or even buy Achiever and take their tests.

i suggest taking the kaplan final as your last practice test. it is somewhat easier than topscore 3 so it will boost your confidence going into the real thing.
plus do CDP more than once.

My opinion is that you shouldnt spend a whole day on each CDP test. You can save time by at least doing 2 or 3 a day bc they are only 90 mins tests and reviewing shouldnt take too long. Also, you may want to consider adding the three tests from DAT Acheiver bc it is good as topscore. Maybe even take some kaplan tests out and replace them with DAT Acheiver bc Kaplan tends to be easier.