DAT Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daunit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking the DAT soon and I was wondering what everyone thought the best practice tests were and how accurate they were compared to the real DAT. I have heard about achiever topscore and kaplan. How does each compare to the real DAT sections and which would you recommend? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I used Kaplan and Crack the DAT.

In my opinion Kaplan was the best and most realistic to the real test for the science sections. Crack the DAT was best for PAT (Kaplan's PAT was easier than the real DAT). The Science on Crack was extremely hard (much harder than the real DAT) though this helped me really get motivated to study since I would routinely score 17's.
The Math and Reading sections of Kaplan were similar to the real test.

I'm going to be taking the DAT soon and I was wondering what everyone thought the best practice tests were and how accurate they were compared to the real DAT. I have heard about achiever topscore and kaplan. How does each compare to the real DAT sections and which would you recommend? Thanks in advance
This is what i did. I purchased DAT Destroyer and Crack the DAT. Used DAT Destroyer for the Science and math portions and used Crack the DAT for PAT bc like the person above me said its great for the PAT section bc its harder than the test. Then I purchased achievers 3 tests and they were extremely hard, like 5 times harder than was my actual test, but guess what??!! it prepared me better for the actual test. p.s. i dont like Kaplan bc its way easier than the actual DAT thus it does not prepare you but makes an illusion that you are doing great but in the end its only that the questions are way too easy.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
In my opinion, the most accurate practice test software is TopScore, hands-down! I loved using Top Score. It was very representative (to me, at least) of the difficulty of the actual exam.

Topscore was the best for every section in my opinion. If you're on a budget then get Topscore for sure. I think it's close to 50-60 dollars. The other material is definitely helpful, but get Topscore it helped me a lot.

My scores for the DAT were all 20 and above.

everyone seems to rag on DAT achiever for being too hard, etc. but i found it to be incredibly useful. while taking the tests i kept thinking to myself ahhh this question is too hard it would ever show up on the real test. but the thing is that getting one tough question correct can make a 2 point difference in a given science section. i was amazed at how similar the toughest questions on the real test were to a regular achiever question. yeah overall it's much more difficult but when you practice with something that kicks you in the *** it makes the real thing feel like a breeze. achiever all the way!!!