DAT practice test done! 12/29

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tookk tghe free kaplan practice test at the test center. dark and dinky.
hrers what I got.

bio 15
gen chem 21
ochen 23
pat 20
rc 14
qr 18
ts 19
aa 18

the bio was stuff I never saw in my life. the chem was good but a couplr of hard qs
pat angles too easy got it all right
math also thi nk . was too easy.
let me know whta u guyys think.

Members don't see this ad.

I tookk tghe free kaplan practice test at the test center. dark and dinky.
hrers what I got.

bio 15
gen chem 21
ochen 23
pat 20
rc 14
qr 18
ts 19
aa 18

the bio was stuff I never saw in my life. the chem was good but a couplr of hard qs
pat angles too easy got it all right
math also thi nk . was too easy.
let me know whta u guyys think.

You got alot of work to do. Kaplan makes the PAT section to easy, so don't just stop studying that because you got a 20 on Kaplan. A 15 in Bio is very bad, people say Kaplan Bio is too easy. The 14 in RC is even worse, schools really look at this section. My 16 earned me several rejections, at least that is what it said on some of my rejection letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there any way ti work on rc. I start reading the passage and then in the middle I start thinking about desks, whiteboards, pens, sky, etc. if you get my drift. then I'm like that's it ill read the questiojs and destroy. so I read questions. so many of then start scanning the oassage like 50 times. then my times almost up. so I guess like 10 questions. then start reading next passage. and same thing.

what should I do. also bio do i have enouph time to improve in 3 weeks.

It seems like you know the chemistry pretty well. Focus on biology - try to know Cliffs AP Bio and Destroyer. For the reading, try different strategies on different passages, and see which works for you.

I pretty much finished up AP Cliffs and started hitting up Destroyer. There are a decent amount of things that Destroyer provides (or rather expects of you) that AP Cliffs doesn't provide. I'm going through Cliffs a 2nd time and will hit up Destroyer after that.

As for the PAT, just buy the Ace Edition of Crack DAT PAT. You'll be in shape after 3-5 mock exams and should score 20+ on the real deal. I still need to work on my GChem

Don't worry.
I know people who got 15 on Kaplan free exam and got 19 on the real thing next month.
According to many people, kaplan is easier but I think people take free test less seriously than the real deal so I think you can do it!