kia2p2

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
Hello guys,

I'm having trouble with my practice test and I keep getting scores bellow the average like 16,17,18 every time I take a biology or Chem practice test. Am I gonna do very bad on the actual test? Can anyone help please, my actual DAT test is coming up soon. I have studied for almost two months and I have done, Destroyer, AP biology, and chad videos.

Last edited:

JLT223

Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
Dental Student
You haven't listed how long you've been studying, what resources you are using, etc etc. Very hard to offer any sort of advice.

OP
K

kia2p2

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
You haven't listed how long you've been studying, what resources you are using, etc etc. Very hard to offer any sort of advice.
I have studied for almost two months and I have done Destroyer, AP biology, and chad videos. Now I'm doing 2015 Destroyer for fist time as a practice test.
I'm also doing Crack the DAT as well and that is where I don't get good grades.

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
This should be under the DAT thread.

In any case, from what I've heard (not personal experience) DAT destroyer is more difficult than the actual DAT. I've talked to a few dental school students and newly practicing dentists that they've gone as low as 14/15 on the practice exams but were able to get 19 and above on the actual DAT. When's your test day? I think your plan should be to review fundamental concepts more instead of "wasting" practice exams.

Also have you tried Bootcamp? I'm not Ari but I've used it and it was 90% helpful and it imitates the difficulty of the actual DAT more closely.

Mountain_man7

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Yea destroyer is not a good indicator. I missed about 50% of the questions from destroyer my first go around. Use bootcamp, it a pretty good indication to see if you are ready.

OP
K

kia2p2

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
This should be under the DAT thread.

In any case, from what I've heard (not personal experience) DAT destroyer is more difficult than the actual DAT. I've talked to a few dental school students and newly practicing dentists that they've gone as low as 14/15 on the practice exams but were able to get 19 and above on the actual DAT. When's your test day? I think your plan should be to review fundamental concepts more instead of "wasting" practice exams.

Also have you tried Bootcamp? I'm not Ari but I've used it and it was 90% helpful and it imitates the difficulty of the actual DAT more closely.
My test is at the end of August and I haven't done any bootcamp. But you think I should go back and reread my notes form Chad's video? I'll check it out. Thank you so much

OP
K

kia2p2

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
Yea destroyer is not a good indicator. I missed about 50% of the questions from destroyer my first go around. Use bootcamp, it a pretty good indication to see if you are ready.
Have you take your DAT? And did you do good one it? If you don't mind me asking. I'm really worry, I don't know what to do.

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
My test is at the end of August and I haven't done any bootcamp. But you think I should go back and reread my notes form Chad's video? I'll check it out. Thank you so much
1 month is still plenty of time. Definitely reread/rewatch Chad's videos although I'd say that it's better to understand concepts rather than memorize them.

If you're feeling cheap, you can do the free Bootcamp practice exam. You'll have to pay if you want to have access to the 9 or 10 exams there.

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I did better on every section than I did on any of the practice tests. There's something about having a fire lit under your ass to get the juices flowing. Also, just get Bootcamp, it was the best resource I used for PAT/GC/BIO tests hands down.

Mountain_man7

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Have you take your DAT? And did you do good one it? If you don't mind me asking. I'm really worry, I don't know what to do.
I took my DAT already. 20aa with nothing under a 20 except for qr17. Just take the 2009 exam. Your sciences score will almost match it.