DAT prep based on practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swolf

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I am wondering if anyone has tried the strategy of basing their study for the big test on taking a high number of practice tests. To me this seems logical, to study the test and get really good taking the tests, focusing on the questions (subjects) that they get wrong.
The problem is I don't think that there are THAT many practice test out there for this strategy to really work.
Anyway, i'll be glad to hear anyone's reply, I can't be the first to think of this. :)

Members don't see this ad.

to an extent , that will help,
but overall, you still have to put in the time. i started studying in may and study about 5 hrs. a day everyday, and I am just now getting familiar with everything. Going over tests does help alot, but definetly wont cut it.

I agree with BAJackson. I tried to just go by taking practice tests (Topscore & Kaplan) last year and it didn't turn out to good--got smacked on the real DAT :rolleyes:

I think you must spend adequate time (each person is different on how long it takes) on the subject matter by reviewing all the information and concepts, like from Kaplan. And then after that focus on taking the practice tests, any that you can find, and really try to figure out what your weaknesses are.

JMHO

I think it will be worth it to take a test or two first. And based on them you can really decide what areas your need to concentrate on, instead of wasting your time and just study everything. Because if you look at it, by now you either now (at least) the basics or you do not know anything, and it?s too late if you do not know anything, except to go back and retake your pre-dent classes all over again.

According to many posts on this forum, seems like your score(s) on the practice tests (especially Top score) will closely match what you will get on the actual test. So the prep tests are good indicators.