1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

DAT prep book

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by iamdangermouse, Apr 16, 2007.

1. iamdangermouse

Pre-Dental
    I'm trying to find a DAT prep book..

which do you recommend?

I've only been able to spot two prep books, one was Barron's and another called New Rudman's. Are they both okay?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TakeMePlz

id recommend the kaplan book for your DAT purposes. The Schaum's outlines for bio, chem, and ochem are very good too, though they go far more in depth than you need.

4. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe

Pre-Dental
    Diffidently get the Kaplan bluebook.

5. Havel

Havel Newb

Pre-Dental
    I ordered a book called DAT Secrets that helps you learn how to take the test not just review the material on the test. Its similar to a SAT test busting book. It been very helpful so far.

6. Mennkid

Dental Student
    If anyone is interested, I would be willing to get rid of my study books. I took the Kaplin class a few months ago (never wrote in the books). I also bought the DAT Destroyer with its extra Organic Chem book. Shortly after I got everything in the mail and was taking the class, I found out that I got it to dental school. Thats great news, but bad that I spent $1300 on the class and $300 on the DAT Destroyer. Let me know if anyone is interested. Private message me if you want.

7. iamdangermouse

Pre-Dental
    Thanks, I'll definitely be getting the Kaplan book then..

They ran out of Kaplan's at the bookstore, so I did buy the Barrons for now.

How would you compare Barrons to the real DAT?

8. Toothfairy08

Toothfairy08 Junior Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey- I took DAT in June 2006 and bought Barron's with the intention of using it as a study aid. *WARNING*: Barron's is FULL of errors in ALL sections! (especially science). Luckily, I noticed this BEFORE I started to rely on it for studying... If you were going to use this book for anything, I thought the information at the front about applying and personal statements was best, and maybe the PAT practice was useful, but aside from that, this book gets a :thumbdown: from me. Go for Kaplan!

9. lava890

lava890 Junior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree. Use the Kaplan book, and use the Schaum's outlines to clarify stuff you don't understand in Kaplan. Barron's is really good for just PAT and probably worth the price if you can find it used on amazon or something.