DAT Prep Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lion_23

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
I am planning to re-begin my DAT studies soon as was wondering what study materials you all found to be most efficient and beneficial- especially between DAT Bootcamp and DAT Booster and which helped you most. Thank you in advance :)

* for background i have spent my entire summer studying for dat using bootcamp and a little bit of booster but i am honestly no where near where i should be (like if i take my exam now i will 100% need to retake) so i want to go through everything again - i extended my exam another 3 months and am trying to decide which is most efficient; bios and gen chem are by far my weakest areas*

also im applying next cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If your weakest subjects are bio and GC, I really suggest getting yourself a copy of the Destroyer. They are definitely challenging, as everyone tends to say, but they do such a good job at pushing you to learn the concepts so you are able to answer any question thrown at you on exam day. They are particularly good if you feel like the materials you've been using so far leave you feeling like you haven't really been learning the information, especially if you feel as though you would need a retake if you took the exam today. You have plenty of time to start the book and go through it a few times if you really put your mind to it! You can also supplement with the free Dynamite Bio Review to really nail down those bio concepts (if you need a text to refer to) and the free videos on YouTube.

Hope this helps some! The DAT is a hard test, and I really think the Destroyers make it much more manageable, especially when you don't know where to turn next. Best of luck!

If your weakest subjects are bio and GC, I really suggest getting yourself a copy of the Destroyer. They are definitely challenging, as everyone tends to say, but they do such a good job at pushing you to learn the concepts so you are able to answer any question thrown at you on exam day. They are particularly good if you feel like the materials you've been using so far leave you feeling like you haven't really been learning the information, especially if you feel as though you would need a retake if you took the exam today. You have plenty of time to start the book and go through it a few times if you really put your mind to it! You can also supplement with the free Dynamite Bio Review to really nail down those bio concepts (if you need a text to refer to) and the free videos on YouTube.

Hope this helps some! The DAT is a hard test, and I really think the Destroyers make it much more manageable, especially when you don't know where to turn next. Best of luck!
Thank you so much! I actually have destroyer and was planning on using it as a supplement for more questions but i am trying to decide more between booster and bootcamp if you have any insight or experiences with either

Thank you so much! I actually have destroyer and was planning on using it as a supplement for more questions but i am trying to decide more between booster and bootcamp if you have any insight or experiences with either
I don't have much unfortunately, I'm sorry. I never thought they were necessary myself (and Booster wasn't really around when I took the DAT I don't think)!