DAT Prep, Summer Enrichment, or Summer REsearch Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dominican drums

Excited Pre-Dental Studnt
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to take a quick poll of you guys:

What would you say is most impressive to the admissions committee of these three.
DAT Prep program, in order to get a great score.
Summer Research Program, to show intellectual "mojo"
SUmmer Enrichment Program, which could show that you are a good candidate for Dental school:

Everyone who responds gets a free iphone in the mail!!!
(not really guys)

Members don't see this ad.

I would definately say the Summer Enrichment Program by far. If anything, not taking a DAT Prep class and doing well will look good; and it also shows self-motivation. Research is always a plus as well, but in my opinion I would go with the Enrichment program.

Just want to take a quick poll of you guys:

What would you say is most impressive to the admissions committee of these three.
DAT Prep program, in order to get a great score.
Summer Research Program, to show intellectual "mojo"
SUmmer Enrichment Program, which could show that you are a good candidate for Dental school:

Everyone who responds gets a free iphone in the mail!!!
(not really guys)

I would say in your case to at least do an online DAT prep program, because you are going to need at least a 20 or more overall do substitute for your GPA. I'm only saying this because I want to help you and I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything. The summer enrichment program would look really good because lots of dental schools like motivated students who participate in research. If you can get publications eventually, thats also something to put on your application. For me, I studied about 6 months whenever I was free for the DAT because I wanted to make sure I did my best. I think three months is crazy to study so much material, especially since most of the material you haven't seen for about 2-3 years. That's just my input.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say do the enrichment program because adcoms like to see that on your resume. But with your gpa, Id def do the dat prep because it looks like you need it. My experience with enrichment programs is not that great because they schedule stuff that is a waste of time and the courses are a joke. Good luck buddy.

Are enrichment programs really that helpful in admissions?

Taking the DAT prep alone will not impress the adcoms, but doing well on DAT will.:) What type of summer enrichment program? dental related? Since it looks like you've been a DA for a year, that's all the dental related activities you need. Concentrate on the DAT cause you're gonna need a 20+ with that GPA.