DAT prep taking too long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

I'm finding that my DAT prep is taking way too long. I've been studying the DAT for about 5 months now and I still haven't taken the exam because based on my practice exams, I'm still not getting scores high enough to take the real exam. Am I just not studying efficiently enough?

I'm reading time and time again on here that you should not take the exam when you don't feel ready, but this DAT prep has really gotten in the way of me looking for a job so I can pay for student loans.... and I'm seeing people getting prepped for the DAT within only a month!

Anyone else in the same boat? I can really use some advice.

(My studying materials: Chad's videos, DAT Destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, and DAT Bootcamp)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there. What are the practice tests that you are taking? A lot of them will give you a score lower than you will receive on the actual DAT. Also remember the breadth of this exam. You will never feel fully prepared.

Everyone is different with their studying and their time commitment. The materials you are using is exactly what I used and I highly recommend them.

Keep workin' hard!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there. What are the practice tests that you are taking? A lot of them will give you a score lower than you will receive on the actual DAT. Also remember the breadth of this exam. You will never feel fully prepared.

Everyone is different with their studying and their time commitment. The materials you are using is exactly what I used and I highly recommend them.

Keep workin' hard!

I agree NilocDent, " Everyone is different with their studying and their time commitment."

MitrieD must go at your own pace..Don't let fear stop you from taking the exam and that does happen to a student occasionally, but more often than not a student rushes to take the exam prematurely.

Good luck in your studies and on the DAT!

Nancy

I'm finding that my DAT prep is taking way too long. I've been studying the DAT for about 5 months now and I still haven't taken the exam because based on my practice exams, I'm still not getting scores high enough to take the real exam. Am I just not studying efficiently enough?

I'm reading time and time again on here that you should not take the exam when you don't feel ready, but this DAT prep has really gotten in the way of me looking for a job so I can pay for student loans.... and I'm seeing people getting prepped for the DAT within only a month!

Anyone else in the same boat? I can really use some advice.

(My studying materials: Chad's videos, DAT Destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, and DAT Bootcamp)

what were your practice test scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
WHAT?! 5 months? You are scaring me...I am planning on spending 2 months max for this test. Do you really think 5 months is necessary?