DAT prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandabearsnake

Reaction score
I wanted to go for Dat Bootcamp since I have heard a lot of good reviews about them but they are SO expensive! Now I am not sure if I can afford it. I have heard some good reviews about DAT Q Vault? Any suggestions on what to go for?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about DAT QVault, but I agree about BC - it is prohibitively expensive. You may want to consider using the Destroyer products + PATBooster for the PAT section. As many have said on this forum, no one does poorly using both of those products, especially if they put their all into reviewing. Most people do very, very well.

I personally used mostly the Destroyer + Dynamite Biology Review (free on Orgoman Facebook) + PATBooster and did pretty well, and others have done the same on a budget and did even better yet. If you want more information on how I personally studied, feel free to check out my breakdown to see if that helps any.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I used QVault strictly for extra practice during the last week of my prep. In my opinion, Destroyer has everything you need. I personally used Bootcamp, Destroyer, and Qvault but that was overkill. I second ChemistryDentist’s advice!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think Bootcamp is way too expensive, especially for only a three month subscription. I also recommend using the Destroyer products. They are much much cheaper, and a superior product. You can also check out their study group on Facebook called the 2020 Official DAT Destroyer Study Group. Here the author of the book, Dr. Jim Romano, posts daily problems to test your knowledge. He also answers questions from the book, pretty much 24/7. This is where you can find the (free) Dynamite Biology Review as well.

I personally used the Destroyer products, learned everything in the books, and scored well on my DAT. They have a lot of free resources too, so I would check out the Facebook page.

BC is the new Kaplan, unreachable to most. Am waiting for the new affordable practice and learning service to take BC's place. Hoping for a partnership between Chad and Shahed since they both seem to care about their product more than just milking desperate students for money they don't have. Just my 2¢.

BTW for those unaware, Chad has 5 practice DAT exams for GC OC Biol and QR. Free! I've only signed up but haven't used them, but I will closer to my actual DAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user